Confessions from the fuckwits

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
I can’t stand eBay these days, personally. Aliexpress isn’t my go to, I’m skeptical of a lot of their stuff…but no more so than Ebay.
I'm wary of eBay too, it's just easier for my poor brain. Aliexpress has listing overload, eBay is minutely easier to navigate - for me anyway.
There are very few sellers on eBay that I would buy from multiple times.

Edit: part of my confession was that I had bought from eBay :D

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
@Labcanary pistons are still on their way.

Sometimes I go the eBay way too, especially if it's located in Aus and express if needed.

But yeah, definitely a mark up multiplier on it.
I'll still grab a couple from you, unless someone else needs them more and didn't chime in before you ordered them?

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Went for a night ride yesterday. Got about 5km in, and had a weird skipping in the back end in the highest gear. Felt weird backpedalling. So I stopped and took a look.

Turns out the chain had so many links it was completely slack in the highest gear (small sprocket). Fuck. Didn't seem too long when I installed it ages ago.

Stopped on the side of the trail, already late to meet my mate for the ride... Thanked myself for keeping a length of cord to pop the quick link. Multitool made short work of the two extra links.

Also copped a puncture later in the ride which wouldn't self seal. But two bacon strips and a co2 solved that drama too.

TLDR: I'm a moron who had his chain at least 2 links too long. But not so stupid that I forget to pack multitool, cord, bacon strips, and co2.

Jpez

Down on the left!
I know this is a hanging offence.
We’ve had the coffee machine for about 18mths. So the whole pandemic. WFH for the missus, unemployment for me and a million frothy milos for the kid. I cleaned it-everytime it told me too. But “clean filter” only just popped up on the screen. It’s never occurred to me to change the filter- every 3 months I now read in the manual. Nor did it occur to me to clean the jug!!! It’s out of sight. Out of mind.

Silver lining is our immune systems must be strong enough to ward off Covid after drinking that slime on a daily basis.

*warning. DONT zoom in. Things are moving in there.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
We’ve had the coffee machine for about 18mths. So the whole pandemic. WFH for the missus, unemployment for me and a million frothy milos for the kid. I cleaned it-everytime it told me too. But “clean filter” only just popped up on the screen. It’s never occurred to me to change the filter- every 3 months I now read in the manual. Nor did it occur to me to clean the jug!!! It’s out of sight. Out of mind.

Silver lining is our immune systems must be strong enough to ward off Covid after drinking that slime on a daily basis.

View attachment 382042
We only have untreated rain water available for ours, and even it isn't that bad! :oops:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

View attachment 382042
I feel uneasy

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
On tanks here too though potable water is filtered, UV irradiated and cocoanut / charcoal filtered before drinking. About once a month I check the coffee machine reservoir. For some reason prompted to check just now.

No flotsam, no jetsam. Phew.

Fred Nurk

No custom title here

View attachment 382042
Well, if it helps, people have been known to make coffee that's been through a civet cat's digestive system... Your method looks a lot cheaper.