Bargain buys thread

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There seems to be a Banshee cult on Rotoburn. So what's the deal? I have started looking for a new frame for a new build next year. And based on what I have read here, and a few other places, I have put the Prime on my list. I like that I can use 2 wheel sizes like my Chameleon. But, alas, in Hobart there is only an agent who has told me they never stock them, only order the frames when requested. So difficult to try one.
If anyone can, or would like, to shed a bit of light on this subject I would like to hear from them. Or point me to the correct thread in Rotoburn if it already exist.

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There seems to be a Banshee cult on Rotoburn. So what's the deal? I have started looking for a new frame for a new build next year. And based on what I have read here, and a few other places, I have put the Prime on my list. I like that I can use 2 wheel sizes like my Chameleon. But, alas, in Hobart there is only an agent who has told me they never stock them, only order the frames when requested. So difficult to try one.
If anyone can, or would like, to shed a bit of light on this subject I would like to hear from them. Or point me to the correct thread in Rotoburn if it already exist.
Check the Post your Ride section. There are several threads about members Banshees in there. Primes are pretty popular. I own one, as does my brother and we both love them. Great all round trail bike that can still handle bigger stuff.

moorey

call me Mia
Bargain in today’s market…mainly because available for a change, and not near full price thrashed on FB.
Summit Cycles gave a couple of sets of new Lyrik RC2’s in Black (I grabbed last red set) for $899 delivered. Some have cut steerer, some uncut.

Reactions: PJO

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Bargain in today’s market…mainly because available for a change, and not near full price thrashed on FB.
Summit Cycles gave a couple of sets of new Lyrik RC2’s in Black (I grabbed last red set) for $899 delivered. Some have cut steerer, some uncut.
Kiddie wheels?

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Check the Post your Ride section. There are several threads about members Banshees in there. Primes are pretty popular. I own one, as does my brother and we both love them. Great all round trail bike that can still handle bigger stuff.
Thanks. I'm on it! ( as our boys would always reply when asked if they had completed a particular task)

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Once you've considered,
  1. the geometry is basically very good,
  2. that they have versatility with the drop outs (short vs long + high or low position)
  3. The pedal VERY well
  4. They're robust (not indestructible)
  5. Have great trail manners
  6. Alloy with beautiful welds
  7. Easy to work on and live with
  8. Not too popular / common but tend not to carry the wanker factor some brands suffer from
  9. Decent pricing (used to be MUCH better)
  10. Look stunning in raw.
  11. Won't get superceded by the next MY in Bold New Colours!

It's actually pretty hard to look past them. My first Banshee Prime was after a carbon wonder Fuel EX which weighed not much even in XL and the Prime beat it uphill and destroyed it downhill.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
15.55 euros is $24.29au.

Out of stock components are giving me the shitz :mad:

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
15.55 euros is $24.29au.

Out of stock components are giving me the shitz :mad:
I’ve always wanted a set of these, particularly after seeing them mentioned on here so many times