Whats the best beer you've had & why?

LPG

likes thicc birds
Best beer right now is the left tap, a big Stout I brewed roughly 1.5 years ago. Only 6 percent but has as much roast/specialty malts as a Russian Imperial Stout. I will be very sad when that Keg blows.

IMG_20210926_154531.jpg

Not that special but all this all came from Aldi (except the PU) on my weekly shops over the last few weeks which is pretty good. Those Paulaner non alcoholic wheat beers are awesome.

IMG_20210926_154315.jpg

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
I’m off the beers for November - no real reason just felt like I needed a break - and had some Heaps Normal last night. Best alcohol free beer I’ve had, tasted like a slightly thin pale ale

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Actually wasn't terrible.
Yeastie boys (NZ) did/do an early grey IPA. Its been a long time since I've had it but it was actually a really nice beer. Pretty sure they still do it
Hmm..might grab a can next time I am at Dr Dans and see what it’s like. They (Pirate Life) did a Black Forest cake beer too using real cherries in the mush, not found it in any stores but sounds interesting.

I was at Pirate Life yesterday, man that place is heaving with people on a sunny Friday afternoon considering its an old warehouse in an industrial area of Port Adelaide.
When CUB bought Pirate Life it was all doom and gloom but they have gone from strength to strength and they have revitalised a part of the Port too!

Scott2227

Squid
The Wayward Brewing Co Hazy Mid is a really great summer option. Had a really good tropical pale ale flavour but only 1.0 standards a can, so good for a session.

Too many of the craft brewery options are 1.5 standards a can or more, which makes them a bit rocket fuelly for me.

The Sunday Road red IPA I like best is 2.1 drinks per can. I’m speaking Braille by the halfway mark of the third can.

I’m off the beers for November - no real reason just felt like I needed a break - and had some Heaps Normal last night. Best alcohol free beer I’ve had, tasted like a slightly thin pale ale
Give the Athletic Brewing Run Free IPA a try. It’s on Craftzero.com.au. Amazing. You won’t be able to believe it’s zero grog.