The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
My daughters French teacher was terminated this week for refusing to ever be vaxxed.

I wouldn’t say significant. No more than other industries.
I'd heard 15-20% at one school, which is a significant turnover in any workforce without tossing in the complications of trying to replace said staff at stage of the pandemic recovery.

moorey

call me Mia
I'd heard 15-20% at one school, which is a significant turnover in any workforce without tossing in the complications of trying to replace said staff at stage of the pandemic recovery.
You heard about an outlier.
One staff member in a school with 1000 students and hundreds of staff.
Byron Bay maybe.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
You heard about an outlier.
One staff member in a school with 1000 students and hundreds of staff.
Byron Bay maybe.
Outlier is better than being the median.

Found out a few days ago that one of my extended family has purchased a van, abandoned their city dwelling partner, and moved to Byron. So much shame brought to the family...

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I don't think so. I didn't want to get drawn any further in...but I will be attempting to enforce a safety zone around the 91 year old super gran.
Now I’m better understanding the chopper gunner reference in the helmet thread. Super gran must be protected!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Isn't he pro greyhound racing and already involved with an internal payroll scandal?
Give the new guy a break...he is just doing his best.

People are going to love him pretty hard for being the hero that emancipated us all from the tyranny of Gladys' lockdown.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Labor and Greens members of the committee dissented on the recommendation, warning it would probably disfranchise Indigenous Australians, family violence victims, young, homeless people and itinerant people.
The Labor members said claims of double voting were “unsupported by the evidence” and Coalition senators did not identify a single irregularity in the 2016 election.

OK, any time that the #LNPshitstains introduce a bill into parliament, I am suspicious until proven otherwise, but what are the pros and cons of having to produce ID to vote in an election. It seems fair enough. how many people would actually be disenfranchised by this?

if it's purely an "honesty system" like currently, dishonest people could potentially vote multiple times. Crossing off a name on a paper list doesn't seem like a great safeguard to me.