COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I have no idea about Buck or the Blue Dirt guys, but I don't like the way a monopoly impacts customer outcomes. Some of these businesses need some sort of permission from the authorities to access/operate in areas like national Park or state forests, and those authorities shouldn't be supporting a monopoly.

moorey

call me Mia
Maybe. But the nightmare we’ve been through leaves me with little patience for disparaging remarks or bad humour aimed in our direction. Maybe I’m being a bit sensitive but that sort of attitude doesn’t make me want to throw cash his way.
I get it, and I don’t blame you for a second, mate.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Do the people saying he’s trying to have a monopoly, feel the same way about Blue Dirt on virtually every Victorian mountain?
Yes, I have been to Bright on 3 occasions MTBing. The missus used to do ~3 shuttles each afternoon after we had spent the day hiking/riding other places.

I will not be rushing back to Bright in the foreseeable future due to the shit that has gone on there with personal shuttles and the $132 a day charge to run a personal vehicle on the road.
The trails aren't that great either.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I’m not sure which you rode…but there are some crackers. Prefer Mt Beauty still.
DJ, Hero, Shred Kelly, Mystic DH, WC DH ect... all of them that were built up until about 3 years ago which was the last time I was there.

Mt Beauty, Yack, Beechworth, plenty of others around without paying Blue Dirt for shuttles x 3.

$75 for 6hrs x 3 people = $225 for a day :oops:

When a large price is put on shuttling a trail network, it makes people question in their heads, how good are the trails actually.

At $75 a day my reasoning is the trails are not even worth paying $75 for myself for 1 day so I won't be back.

The value that has been put on uplifts for Mystic does not reflect what the trails are like... it reflects Bright as a whole, an overpriced tourist destination.