What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Freediver

I can go full Karen
There is a lot of people on here way braver than me when it comes to bikes but in all seriousness big air is way more dangerous than 99.9% of sharks and even then most of the dangerous sharks only bother you when you burley up around them.
I've spent a bit of time with sharks, I couldn't tell you how many encounters and in 40 years of diving both for fun and professionally only one has tried to eat me. Even then it was more interested in my black fins than my cammo wetsuit.
@pink poodle I've seen a few sick and emaciated sharks sporting the punk look, it's a death sentence for a lot of them.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
@pink poodle I've seen a few sick and emaciated sharks sporting the punk look, it's a death sentence for a lot of them.
It's a great look though! Do you remember when wallet chains were trendy? And W all know how good shark skin is for leather, like wallets...well they are basically a big swimming wallet, so I used to hook them up with a wallet chain that would connect the mouth piercing with a pectoral fin. Sure they often had a bit of a drift towards whichever side got the piercing, but you just knew all the she-sharks were lining up.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
There is a lot of people on here way braver than me when it comes to bikes but in all seriousness big air is way more dangerous than 99.9% of sharks and even then most of the dangerous sharks only bother you when you burley up around them.
I've spent a bit of time with sharks, I couldn't tell you how many encounters and in 40 years of diving both for fun and professionally only one has tried to eat me. Even then it was more interested in my black fins than my cammo wetsuit.
It's not about the statistical probability of the danger, but of the horror when/if hat danger materialises. Big air and jumps don't look like monsters with rows on rows of teeth gnashing away at you as you fade into unconciousness

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Yup. I’ve had two encounters will bull sharks in not alot of time spent diving (like 2 years total? Broken up with long breaks).
Pretty cool animals, totally disinterested in me haha.
“Oh look another weird thing in a wetsuit trying to stay under water for a couple of minutes”.

Totally made both those dives though. Made me feel very small.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Yup. I’ve had two encounters will bull sharks in not alot of time spent diving (like 2 years total? Broken up with long breaks).
Pretty cool animals, totally disinterested in me haha.
“Oh look another weird thing in a wetsuit trying to stay under water for a couple of minutes”.

Totally made both those dives though. Made me feel very small.
I have a Padi license too but haven't used it for a long time. I only saw Wobbegong and Port Jackson sharks which don't care less about you.
The night dives were the freakiest though. Load of sea urchins out there and it looks like you are swimming in oil being so dark.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
So we all agree that what is needed is another big shark cull. But this time rather than targeting specific problem species of aggressive human eating sharks we should just be killing any and all sharks! They have long memories and we need to assert the human race.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
So we all agree that what is needed is another big shark cull. But this time rather than targeting specific problem species of aggressive human eating sharks we should just be killing any and all sharks! They have long memories and we need to assert the human race.
yes! we could call it "shark week"

in all seriousness though, they can eat all the humans they want. Its their world. As long as they understand that the moment they evolved to come out of the water, all bets are off.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Practically got the place to myself...View attachment 382111
That is such a good feeling. Treat yourself...leave a shit in the wild!

yes! we could call it "shark week"

in all seriousness though, they can eat all the humans they want. Its their world. As long as they understand that the moment they evolved to come out of the water, all bets are off.
Shark month. Prizes for most find collected and biggest jaws collected.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Bought a pretty average Pike off market place for a pretty penny to replace my Fox 34 that I was never real happy with for my beater workhorse hardtail.
Replaced the air spring from 140 to 150mm yesterday and gave the lowers a service while I was at it. While I had the forks out I thought I better check out the graunchy CC 40 series headset I’ve been ignoring for far too long. Tried to tap out the lower rusted and gummed up bearing and it came out. In pieces. Balls and shit in all directions. This thing has done over 5000km with no love in a steel frame so it wasn’t in a good way.
So, this is not good. It’s off my daily driver and waiting 3 weeks for a new race is not an option. I ride this thing everyday.
So I collect up all the bits and give them a stiff drink and a bath and F&ck me drunk they came out all right and cleaned up just fine. Greased the whole thing, spins nicely, reinstalled, jammed in the new to me Pike and happy days.
Went from being an almost biblical proportions tragedy in my mind to victory!
So moral of the story is show my bikes more love.