Newly Released Bikes General

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Continuing the trend of overly long reach requiring you to slide the seat all the way forward possible. Because pedaling of course. Still looks stupid.
I fit fine on both my bikes with 500mm+ reach but also know of several people who are mostly legs who either a) need to size up and put the saddle forward or b) run 2km of seatpost. Can't win either way with the fashion police, but saddle forward looks less stupid.

moorey

call me Mia
I fit fine on both my bikes with 500mm+ reach but also know of several people who are mostly legs who either a) need to size up and put the saddle forward or b) run 2km of seatpost. Can't win either way with the fashion police, but saddle forward looks less stupid.
I personally can’t stand the look…but I understand it (that forward offset post is still an April fools joke, imho). Mostly reeks of buying the wrong bike or getting sucked into the ‘longer is better’ fad.

moorey

call me Mia
Ok boomer.
Bikes with short reaches and a STA slacker than the HA look dumb af.
Hard agree…
Go buy a grim d’oh nut, fadboy.

All I’m saying is that if you make bikes where are you have to run a forward offset post to push the seat even further forward, you’ve swallowed too much Kool-Aid..

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Hard agree…

All I’m saying is that if you make bikes where are you have to run a forward offset post to push the seat even further forward, you’ve swallowed too much Kool-Aid..
I'm a total fanboy after riding a long slack low bike, I'm only bummed I didn't get to put it in mullet configuration to really get me frothing!

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Hard agree…

No, I’ve ridden too many bikes that have you swinging off the back whenever you sit down, and when you stand your heads in front of the axle.
Bikes have been too short unless your like 3 feet tall for ever. Stupid road geo. Stupid designers sizing frames off ST length and not lengthening reaches enough as you go up sizes.
When a BMX with a 21.5” TT has more room when standing than an XL frame with a 80mm stem theres some bullshit going on in the mtb geo world.
I’m glad that fad has died and long reaches with slack HA is in. It’s not kool-aid when it works better for you.

Don’t you size up on your spitty’s?

moorey

call me Mia
No, I’ve ridden too many bikes that have you swinging off the back whenever you sit down, and when you stand your heads in front of the axle.
Bikes have been too short unless your like 3 feet tall for ever. Stupid road geo. Stupid designers sizing frames off ST length and not lengthening reaches enough as you go up sizes.
When a BMX with a 21.5” TT has more room when standing than an XL frame with a 80mm stem theres some bullshit going on in the mtb geo world.
I’m glad that fad has died and long reaches with slack HA is in. It’s not kool-aid when it works better for you.

Don’t you size up on your spitty’s?
I think we’re having 2 entirely different conversations.

moorey

call me Mia
Is that you @Zaf?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Maybe. To clarify…I like the longer reach on bike and the very upright ST these days. I just think the trend of overdoing the length, then needing a forward offset post and the seat also slid forward, seems to suggest the reach is too long or people are buying a bike that doesn’t fit them properly.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Maybe. To clarify…I like the longer reach on bike and the very upright ST these days. I just think the trend of overdoing the length, then needing a forward offset post and the seat also slid forward, seems to suggest the reach is too long or people are buying a bike that doesn’t fit them properly.
oooooooorrr.... people are upsizing by choice because they prefer the extra stability moar reach provides, which is made more possible by ever decreasing seat tube lengths and lower standovers. Then shunting the saddle forward to suit or going a super short stem or whatever. It just provides an additional option to go a size lower for less reach and more playfulness, or size up because faster.

Added benefit is oversized beanpoles like me have bikes that actually fit them now.

moorey

call me Mia
oooooooorrr.... people are upsizing by choice because they prefer the extra stability moar reach provides, which is made more possible by ever decreasing seat tube lengths and lower standovers. Then shunting the saddle forward to suit or going a super short stem or whatever. It just provides an additional option to go a size lower for less reach and more playfulness, or size up because faster.

Added benefit is oversized beanpoles like me have bikes that actually fit them now.
Oooor….for the majority of people, it’s market driven ;)

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Continuing the trend of overly long reach requiring you to slide the seat all the way forward possible. Because pedaling of course. Still looks stupid.
Even the photo for IG should have that saddle centred, just for the look of it.

Might be for rider fit / preference? I slide mine forward on XL bikes for the improved position on climbing and I certainly shouldn't be on anything smaller.
And the STA on my bikes are steep enough generally.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
TBH those long Ergon and SQLabs saddles make everything look ridiculous anyway. Actual clamp position on that Actofive is not crazy (certainly doesn't have the stupid additional negative-offset clamp thing), but the extra 4 inches of dick nose on the saddle makes it look like it is.

moorey

call me Mia
TBH those long Ergon and SQLabs saddles make everything look ridiculous anyway. Actual clamp position on that Actofive is not crazy (certainly doesn't have the stupid additional negative-offset clamp thing), but the extra 4 inches of dick nose on the saddle makes it look like it is.
That, and all the rail in front of the clamp.