Spirit of Tasmania

Minlak

custom titis
As I see it they were getting as many people as they could by offering the free booking as lockdowns were very much up in the air - now there is some certainty to the borders they need to know actual numbers coming - and they still have you a get out kf jail free option if you don’t want the risk

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
If you only booked because of the possible refund then just cancel. Stop being a whiner.
Good one brains ! I often go booking random holidays all over the world just to exercise their 100% refund policy. I like places to hold on to my money, it keeps it spread around instead of all in one place.

As I see it they were getting as many people as they could by offering the free booking as lockdowns were very much up in the air - now there is some certainty to the borders they need to know actual numbers coming - and they still have you a get out kf jail free option if you don’t want the risk
So they can renege on a contract sent to me ?

To be honest, it was booked with a hope that we were able to go, the 100% refund was a safety net and we were just going to book caravan parks as we went or when available.

The refund guarantee was just something else that taken out of the equation, now the opening of SA three weeks before Tas and the opening of Tasmania two days AFTER I sail has fucked things up a bit. Because I didnt fall into the 15th December cat (2 days early) I needed SA to be a clean state and Low Risk to Tassie.
If it was after the 15th Dec, I only needed everyone to be double vaxxed and have a clear corona test 72hrs before sailing. So catching corona and failing the test was the only thing that was going to stop me sailing.

Not going to let the reneging chunts at SOT to drop me down to 75% then 50% refund.

Just had a conversation with a rude and unhelpful woman at the SOT call centre, so went straight to the website and hit cancel booking.

Minlak

custom titis
So they can renege on a contract sent to me ?

To be honest, it was booked with a hope that we were able to go, the 100% refund was a safety net and we were just going to book caravan parks as we went or when available.

The refund guarantee was just something else that taken out of the equation, now the opening of SA three weeks before Tas and the opening of Tasmania two days AFTER I sail has fucked things up a bit. Because I didnt fall into the 15th December cat (2 days early) I needed SA to be a clean state and Low Risk to Tassie.
If it was after the 15th Dec, I only needed everyone to be double vaxxed and have a clear corona test 72hrs before sailing. So catching corona and failing the test was the only thing that was going to stop me sailing.

Not going to let the reneging chunts at SOT to drop me down to 75% then 50% refund.

Just had a conversation with a rude and unhelpful woman at the SOT call centre, so went straight to the website and hit cancel booking.
I was not suggesting they were right - Was offering perspective of what they might have been thinking with the decision process.

ozzybmx

I was not suggesting they were right - Was offering perspective of what they might have been thinking with the decision process.
I 100% understand what they HAVE DONE and why they did it.

Its like getting everyone to take out a fixed mortgage at 0% then saying, you are no longer fixed, the interest rate is 5% but if you want, you have 3 days to throw the keys back and walk away.

clockworked

Like an orange
I 100% understand what they HAVE DONE and why they did it.

Its like getting everyone to take out a fixed mortgage at 0% then saying, you are no longer fixed, the interest rate is 5% but if you want, you have 3 days to throw the keys back and walk away.
Yeah, except at no time did you occupy the house in this example.
I'm glad this is enough to get you worked up. Your life must be a cake walk otherwise.

ozzybmx

I'm glad this is enough to get you worked up. Your life must be a cake walk otherwise.
It is a cake walk... I was starting to look forward to my full month riding in Tassie and now I've had to go and cancel it and get my money back that they were safely holding for me.

They have kept the card payment fees and the booking fees but that's ok, it was down there in the small print but who reads the contract anyway... and if it doesn't suit the business, just change it.

mooboyj

Likes Dirt
Smart move cancelling your booking.

While Tassie has a high vaccination rate, we are also the oldest state with a health system that runs past capacity more often than not. I can see them them closing the boarders again within a few weeks of them opening. I mean we had a 3 day snap lockdown because of an idiot going for a bit of a wander...

bobob

Has $20
SA has had two lockdown, one cause someone bought a pizza and one cause someone moved house.

I can see where the idiots are.

That tassie trip was adl - lan and facillitated by everyone's most hated, Vertigo. I'm not taking sides and have no skin in the game. Calling people from NSW cockroaches is like calling QLD's cane toads or banana benders. It's sad Australia has lost its larikin fun poking not hurting side.

ozzybmx

We have actually had 4 lockdowns, lasting between 3 days and nearly a week, in total about 20 days.

All that its done has stopped me going to the pub after a ride, we understand you chunts are grumpy ;)

We feel your pain Victorians and NSW.... but don't know your actual loss.

mark22

Likes Dirt
Weird, @Mattyp’s dog has the green collar to show that she’s safe around small animals and children… somehow I don’t get the impression the same can be said for this guy and his green collars.
Really, I didn't know that, are not some animals colour blind? maybe a tactile type of collar would work better for them ones..