All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
50m tubeless tape

8 days from order to delivery.
Still waiting on some other items from different stores ordered the same time. (But they got held up and combined into a single package)

Obligatory oven shot

Edit: the combined package arrived today.
Now I am the proud owner of el-cheapo-aliexpress:
  • disc brake alignment shims
  • wtooth knockoff quick link tool
  • a practically endless supply of tube/tyre patches (ok, so like 60)
  • two new tubeless repair tools and about 50 bacon strips.

Last edited:

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out

moorey

call me Mia
Pulling hair out trying to find a XD (preferred) or Shimano 11s 42t cassette for my bikepacking/gravel bike

The decent level Sunrace 11-40 Shimano that was on there was 400g :oops:

Picked up an XD 9-42, so an extra 2 teeth high and low end at apparently 437g... I can live with that.

Where have you been for the last 6 months? I’ve been using and hyping these for ages. These are excellent, and lighter than claimed. I posted up GX v ZTTO weight pics a few months ago. 395 v 415g. They shift beautifully, run quietly, and after a couple of thousand km’s on main bike, looks like new. I’m never buying a SRAM cassette again.
Still not convinced about the light weight 9-46 version. @Jpez likes his, I can’t get mine quite right.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Where have you been for the last 6 months? I’ve been using and hyping these for ages. These are excellent, and lighter than claimed. I posted up GX v ZTTO weight pics a few months ago. 395 v 415g. They shift beautifully, run quietly, and after a couple of thousand km’s on main bike, looks like new. I’m never buying a SRAM cassette again.
Still not convinced about the light weight 9-46 version. @Jpez likes his, I can’t get mine quite right.
Will this ZTTO cassette fit on an XD 12 speed freehub?

ozzybmx

I've been reading all the ZTTO posts, noted you liked the standard steelie.

I just didn't need one till now.

Lucky its Hope hubs as I have all the freehub and end caps combos covered.

ozzybmx

This may not end well...

Cheap though.

@ozzybmx convinced me on the Fovno 60t.
Nearly 500km on my Highlander and the Chi Fovno 60t still hasn't missed a beat.

Bought a spare for $30 a couple of weeks back.

Reckon the trick is to use a thin grease or oil, mine is running on finishline wet lube, the same stuff I have been servicing Chris King and Tune hubs with for years.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Surprisingly the "Sunshine" 11-46t cassette went on without a hitch and appears to be shifting amazingly well (no adjustment yet).

Just going for a quick blat around the park to test
Fovno 60t as per ozzybmx's link above and below.

AU $36.70 51%OFF | FOVNO Bicycle Hub Star Ratchet 60T Bike Hub Service Kit Ratchet For DT Swiss Patchet System Freehub Repair Tool Bike Accessories

And the Sunshine 11s 11-46t is this one below.

Must've just been lucky, but no adjustment apart from a barrel tweak. An actual mtb ride tomorrow arvo so we'll see how it goes on hills...

AU $19.54 48%OFF | SUNSHINE MTB Cassette 8 9 10 11 12 Speed Flywheel 36T 40T 42T 46T 50T 52T Mountain Bike Freewheel 11S Sprocket for Shimano HG

DuncanJenkins

Likes Bikes
And the Sunshine 11s 11-46t is this one below.

Must've just been lucky, but no adjustment apart from a barrel tweak. An actual mtb ride tomorrow arvo so we'll see how it goes on hills...

AU $19.54 48%OFF | SUNSHINE MTB Cassette 8 9 10 11 12 Speed Flywheel 36T 40T 42T 46T 50T 52T Mountain Bike Freewheel 11S Sprocket for Shimano HG
That's an incredible price if that holds up!