2021 GE Nationals.

moorey

call me Mia
I know it’s short notice, bad timing, and not where it was planned to be held, but anyone else going?
I’ve been keen to check out Greenvalleys MTB park for a while. Wonder how it I’ll go for an enduro.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
It will be hard! If they are running it without shuttles expect to be doing a lot of walking up the very steep hill.

Also expect a bazillion rocks, braking bumps and lots of awkward techy corners.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia
It will be hard! If they are running it without shuttles expect to be doing a lot of walking up the very steep hill.

Also expect a bazillion rocks, braking bumps and lots of awkward techy corners.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
You can pay for shuttles to practice wed-fri leading up, but race day....that's Enduro, I'll pedal what I can, and push up if I have to. It's only about 250m elevation with 5 stages AFAIK, so it won't be a huge day. We're getting there for friday practice, hoping Felix can see each track once before racing.
Yay on the rocks, bumps and tech corners. Not that I'm any good at them, but I didn't know what to expect, and didn't want it to be a pure bike park race.
Just glad something will run this year after so many missed races over the last 18 months, though I think it's still a bit of an unknown for a few states and border closures.

Dangals

Likes Dirt
I know it’s short notice, bad timing, and not where it was planned to be held, but anyone else going?
I’ve been keen to check out Greenvalleys MTB park for a while. Wonder how it I’ll go for an enduro.
Just saw that, despite the lack of bike/fitness time I am definitely considering it.

The trails are good but the hill is a bit of a punish to go up.

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I raced an enduro there in 2020. The walk up is pretty tough, especially if its warm. Great tracks though. Some pretty flat out parts, plenty of braking bumps and jump lines everywhere. The sheer amount of flies was brutal. Wasn't particularly rocky.

moorey

call me Mia
Just saw that, despite the lack of bike/fitness time I am definitely considering it.

The trails are good but the hill is a bit of a punish to go up.
Cool, hope to see you there. I think my fitness is ok currently, but I'll be taking no chances on the descents with the TransTas coming in it's wake.
I'm gutted Quinn can't race though, Juniors are allowed to race eBikes at local and state events, but they are limiting it to 19+ which seems shite.

Dangals

Likes Dirt
I'll be taking no chances on the descents with the TransTas coming in it's wake.
Yeah that is understandable, Sir Bishop is probably the toughest of the trails they have listed with a few chunky sections, plenty of vids on the tube for all the trails although I know during lockdown they were doing some trail works so may have had some slight changes here and there.

moorey

call me Mia
Where did this get announced and when is it? Somebody else alluded to National Champs yesterday so I took a gander at the AusCycling site and nadda.
AusCycling site is pathetic. As is their support of Mtb.

They announced GV about 10 days ago, with entries opening Monday 8th.
Waited all day Monday, nothing happened.
Then they announced wed 10th 5pm at 2022
Then changed it to 2021.
5pm. Nothing. Wasn’t open for entries, no update.
Sat there refreshing for 45 minutes, nothing.
Messaged them in Instagram…I think they had forgotten, replying that they’d open at 6pm, but opened it on the spot.
Rego page was a nightmare. Asking you for username info that’s never been provided, separate to member log on info.
Tried to do it as a guest, wouldn’t let me progress through the category section because drop box wasn’t working.
I was stressed to fuck, seeing races have been selling out in minutes and I’ve already paid for accommodation.
Ended up having to ring a friend to enter us from her end, coz I couldn’t do it here no matter what.
I was trying to give AC the benefit of the doubt after taking over from MTBA, but nope.
Their site is all for roadie stuff, they’re impossible to communicate with, and after 18 month, still have absolutely no idea what they’re doing, clearly.

moorey

call me Mia
Figured as much, never thought that I'd be calling anything MTBA did the good old days... I'm not that desperate to get back into racing.
Yep, I had more than enough whinges about MTBA, but in hindsight, they're looking great.
Hopefully, local clubs and organisations keep the ball rolling at a state level and we don't have to deal much with AC directly.
As a club, they have been shite to deal with for our committee, but we try to sort all that out for the public.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Yep, I had more than enough whinges about MTBA, but in hindsight, they're looking great.
Hopefully, local clubs and organisations keep the ball rolling at a state level and we don't have to deal much with AC directly.
As a club, they have been shite to deal with for our committee, but we try to sort all that out for the public.
We'll still hold all of our club rounds and while we're not officially boycotting any of the tier events nobody on the committee is rushing to put their hand up to deal with those AusCycling induced headaches.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
I might drive down for a cheeky gander, but not racing. Won’t have a bike and riding too much moto has tanked what little aerobic fitness I had.

moorey

call me Mia
We'll still hold all of our club rounds and while we're not officially boycotting any of the tier events nobody on the committee is rushing to put their hand up to deal with those AusCycling induced headaches.
ClubMud isn't doing any of the tiered events, but still have to go through AC to hold Club races and shuttle days.