Smiths Gully

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey guys,

Don't know why it took me so long to go and visit this spot given its only 30min's from my place and my sister actually lives there lol.
Maybe because on the maps it looks a bit daunting with trails everywhere.

However, the local club have now set up QR codes in the General store at the trail-head, which mean't that even someone as terrible with directions as myself got around without getting lost using Trail Forks. They have 3 codes which automatically plot a route in Trail Forks for you.
I chose the longest 22km route, but then took a couple of deviations to go and check out a few extra trails as well ending up in a 28km / 763m elevation ride.
Great spot for those looking for a solid trail ride, no super gnar, just super fun loose, tight and technical. Some steep bits and punchy climbs.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Haha, it disappeared after I fitted new dropper. But is now back :( maybe something to do with dropper cable.
It might be exaggerated in the video, but it seems loud for an internal cable rattle. It also seems to get worse when you’re pedalling which is odd.

Any way to stuff some foam into the downtube or lower seat tube to eliminate the cable? (Might need to remove the BB)

I meaning it as constructive critique not having a dig, but it distracts from the video for me. I only mention it as it might turn others away from your vids (which I really enjoy otherwise). I was watching it on the phone though, which may amplify some sounds more than others.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It might be exaggerated in the video, but it seems loud for an internal cable rattle. It also seems to get worse when you’re pedalling which is odd.

Any way to stuff some foam into the downtube or lower seat tube to eliminate the cable? (Might need to remove the BB)

I meaning it as constructive critique not having a dig, but it distracts from the video for me. I only mention it as it might turn others away from your vids (which I really enjoy otherwise). I was watching it on the phone though, which may amplify some sounds more than others.
Don't worry it was annoying me while riding as well haha. Will have to look into it a bit closer.
Its probably overdue both headset and bottom bracket. And very overdue for a new frame haha.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Nice work Chris. It’s been 5 years since I’ve been there. Was a blast back then.

I recall a long ass climb up a fire road past a water tank, to another fire road that ran down a ridge, that had meter high water control rollovers that could easily put you 4 meters in the air the wrong side of 60km/h.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice work Chris. It’s been 5 years since I’ve been there. Was a blast back then.

I recall a long ass climb up a fire road past a water tank, to another fire road that ran down a ridge, that had meter high water control rollovers that could easily put you 4 meters in the air the wrong side of 60km/h.
Pretty solid loops there now, only a couple of fire road links which were mostly flatter sections