Australia Post, I hate you!

Haakon

Keeps on digging
It is not restricted to bike parts. Where I work we are agents for a large German pump manufacturer. They sent a pump to us (paid for by one of our customers) in a cardboard box strapped to a tiny pallet. The kicker was that the pump wasn't even bolted down to the wooden pallet just loose. Brand new pump weighing 150kg at a cost of $20,000 flopping around in a box. Got dropped somewhere along the way too. Pump f#cked

Sent from my INE-LX2 using Tapatalk
I got some car parts shipped from a German supplier. Pis weak box had already broken open by the time it reached the freight forwarder in Germany who thankfully added a plastic wrap and a lot of tape that at least kept the holes to a minimum and no parts lost (this time...).

But they'd put the 17kg of car brake rotors in with all the delicate parts like wipers and filters etc and not made sure they were not moving around. It was a miracle that only one of the wipers was destroyed by the loose rotors bounscing around inside the box hammering everything else. Lots of mangled boxes...

German efficiency ain't what it used to be...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I got some car parts shipped from a German supplier. Pis weak box had already broken open by the time it reached the freight forwarder in Germany who thankfully added a plastic wrap and a lot of tape that at least kept the holes to a minimum and no parts lost (this time...).

But they'd put the 17kg of car brake rotors in with all the delicate parts like wipers and filters etc and not made sure they were not moving around. It was a miracle that only one of the wipers was destroyed by the loose rotors bounscing around inside the box hammering everything else. Lots of mangled boxes...

Sounds like a text book Jerry rig though

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange

Should have tightened the rotor bolts. :p

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
AusPost took 2 weeks to work out my package was at the wrong distribution centre and to get it to the correct one. I could have walked it been the two in less than half a day.
Was that after you contacted them on their review date?

I've currently got bits coming from NZ that have been in transit from Sydney since the 7th of November. They have their contact us date at the 25th. :(

ashes_mtb

Has preferences

I've currently got bits coming from NZ that have been in transit from Sydney since the 7th of November. They have their contact us date at the 25th. :(
Due to “Covid” the phone advised that they’d only take calls if it was in relation to urgent medication deliveries.

Took less time for a recent Aliexpress order to get to my house from China than it did for this thing to go from one Perth distribution centre to another.

FatMuz

Likes Dirt
I bought some t-shirts from the USA a little while ago. They took 3 weeks to clear the US mail backlog and arrive in Australia. They then took another 4 weeks to get to me (including 3 trips back to the same Australian distro centre).

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click

Even then they'll drag their arses with a response.

I don't mind if parcels are delayed a little, it's the lack of communication and accountability that makes me cranky.
What's the point of tracking if they don't scan it everytime it moves? I've had stuff delivered when the tracking still says it's in a sorting facility in Melbourne (I know, I'm surprised that Aus Post managed to deliver something too)

How's this for a tracking history?
"Delivery was expected Wed 15 – Mon 20 Sep"
And it's still MIA.

@wkkie I hope your parcel turns up soon!

wkkie

Even then they'll drag their arses with a response.

I don't mind if parcels are delayed a little, it's the lack of communication and accountability that makes me cranky.
What's the point of tracking if they don't scan it everytime it moves? I've had stuff delivered when the tracking still says it's in a sorting facility in Melbourne (I know, I'm surprised that Aus Post managed to deliver something too)

How's this for a tracking history?
"Delivery was expected Wed 15 – Mon 20 Sep"
And it's still MIA.

@wkkie I hope your parcel turns up soon!
Thanks Lab. I've had a pretty good run with postage, but things like this don't help with holding out much hope.

Don't think Zerode will be too happy with the situation either. The package has some of their box specific tools included that they need back eventually.

Early days though compared to some, so I'll just wait and see for now.

Minlak

custom titis

So pretty much if you have Auspost tracking that says it will be delivered by the 1st you have to wait until the 1st - then wait 5 more business days and open a ticket / query / lodge a complaint - they then investigate - when the investigation period ends you raise another complaint about your complaint for them to investigate.
So far anything I have had sent to me that passes through Sydney has taken 3 extra weeks to get here - have not been investigated once - and even now if I open tracking will say they are on their way although I have the packages.
it seems in the name of speed they abandon all procedures and scanning and just send packages out - So if you have a legitimate misplaced package they are screwed in even where to look currently :(

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yep, currently waiting on an item sent from Melbourne CBD to SE Melbourne. About 50kms distance. Sent on 4th November, still waiting...
I could have walked there and back on my hands and knees by now.

Tracking information is useless. Have started an investigation but not holding out too much hope.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
How is Aliexpress stuff getting from the airport to homes quickly via AP, and domestic stuff is a clusterfuck? Do they get a prioritised?

wkkie

Bit of an update on mine. I received one of the delivery cards today, final notice apparently, it was going to be sent back tomorrow if it wasn't picked up today. Is been sitting at the post office since the 12th.

I grabbed it and the "tracking" is still showing as in transit from Sydney.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
They’ve taken it up a notch. Had a delivery due today. Just spoke to a neighbour two houses down from me, who said the postie tried to deliver my parcel to them this morning. Presumably it was too difficult for the postie, on being advised that the parcel was for two houses up the road, to actually take the parcel the 40m up the street to my place. Presumably it’s on the way back to the distribution centre and they’ll try again tomorrow?

Alexxx

Likes Dirt
Bit of an update on mine. I received one of the delivery cards today, final notice apparently, it was going to be sent back tomorrow if it wasn't picked up today. Is been sitting at the post office since the 12th.

I grabbed it and the "tracking" is still showing as in transit from Sydney.
Same thing happened to me but it was an email saying it was being returned to sender because it hasn't been picked up. Luckily the returns bag at the post office hadn't been picked up by the time I got there.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
One order from Pushys, looks like it has been split...ordered yesterday am, Auspost have done well this time, I wasn't expecting this for a week or so.

It's coming today
Most recent update
Onboard for delivery
ALEXANDRIA NSW
Date & timeThu 25 Nov, 7.37am 1

Tracking history

Details
Date & time

Onboard for delivery
ALEXANDRIA NSW
Thu 25 Nov, 7.37am
In transit to next facility in BOTANY NSW

Thu 25 Nov, 5.29am
Item processed at facility
SYDNEY WEST NSW

Thu 25 Nov, 5.01am
Arrived at facility
BRISBANE AIRPORT QLD
Wed 24 Nov, 5.55pm

Tracking history

Details
Date & time

Onboard for delivery
GREENACRE NSW
Thu 25 Nov, 6.45am

Item processed at facility
SYDNEY NSW
Thu 25 Nov, 5.37am

Arrived at facility
BRISBANE AIRPORT QLD
Wed 24 Nov, 9.11pm

Received and ready for processing
Wed 24 Nov, 1.18pm
Shipping information approved by Australia Post

Wed 24 Nov, 10.45am
Shipping information received by Australia Post
Wed 24 Nov, 10.15am

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Here is mine.
My hub axel got sent to my old address
Aust post advised it was delivered but they took it back because the people that live there advised that I don’t there any more.
Customer enquiry lodged to see if so can pick it up from a post office.
Aus post - No F way we will post it back overseas Mother F er!
Now I need to get a refund.

Minlak

custom titis
A lot of people also get caught with PayPal - if you pay by PayPal a lot of business will send it to the address you have on file at PayPal not the address you entered into their system. Gotta make sure PayPal has the right address too.