What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

moorey

call me Mia
Good move. Denying their awesomeness is up there with "iS tUbElEsS wOrTh It?"
Don’t get me started on tubeless. Mate who gets angry if you even suggest it, knocks on my door Sunday morning. Was riding my loop, paper thin sidewall blew out, he was wanting some zip ties to hold tyre together to keep tube inside. I refused him zippies, insisted on fitting a minion SS for him instead, but he rejected all notions of me setting him up tubeless.

Last edited:

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
So I fit the Macride to the new T7 yesterday after work, so I could take bub out for a spin, and she chucked a massive wobbly. Flat out refused to get on it, trying to pull it off the bike etc. Put it back on the old hard tail and she was happy as, off we go for a ride around the block. Guess I'll be keeping that bike too then. I won't lie, I'm a bit happy about that.

Took the T7 for the first trail ride this morning at Superbowl before work - what a difference. I didn't realise how much a dropper post would help. Hitting jumps I've always avoided, decents are so much more enjoyable. And proper (and rear) suspension - holy crap. I'm just blown away with how much confidence this bike gives me.

View attachment 383594
My eldest did this too. Still does with any changes to his bike if I don't include him in the discussion. Not sure if it'll help with your daughter, but my son was more receptive to changes if I gave him advanced warning and, if he wanted to, I'd let him "help" make the changes.

My youngest doesn't care as long as he's on a bike :D

It is definitely nice having a dedicated family bike though. I like having one bike set up for family rides and one for "see yaz, I'm going on my own!" rides.

crash3

Likes Dirt
What post? I love converted shifters if it’s a cable nubbin at the lever model.
Tranz-X JD-YSP23JL 170mm travel. I think it's a cable nubbin at both ends, will confirm this arvo. I did see a write up on here about converting an SLX shifter to a dropper lever. Was thinking of going the ZTTO lever route, I think someone in the 'aliexpress purchases' thread said it was pretty good. For around $30 AUD delivered that seems pretty good.

moorey

call me Mia
Tranz-X JD-YSP23JL 170mm travel. I think it's a cable nubbin at both ends, will confirm this arvo. I did see a write up on here about converting an SLX shifter to a dropper lever. Was thinking of going the ZTTO lever route, I think someone in the 'aliexpress purchases' thread said it was pretty good. For around $30 AUD delivered that seems pretty good.
It’s a decent lever. I run one. Still prefer a shimano shifter, but that requires the nubbin at shifter, obviously.

crash3

Likes Dirt
My eldest did this too. Still does with any changes to his bike if I don't include him in the discussion. Not sure if it'll help with your daughter, but my son was more receptive to changes if I gave him advanced warning and, if he wanted to, I'd let him "help" make the changes.
Not a bad idea mate, cheers. I think I messed up when I gee'd her up for a ride (she's only 2 +4 months), by saying 'Bike, bike!', which she started repeating back to me. Then we walked past the old bike to get the seat, back past it again and closed the garage door to get to the new one. If I'd had the new bike set up and ready to go without walking past the old one, probably would have been ok.

It is definitely nice having a dedicated family bike though. I like having one bike set up for family rides and one for "see yaz, I'm going on my own!" rides.
I really did want to keep the old one anyway, I get very attached to bikes, cars, motorbikes, guitars (anything really) in that way. Now I guess the decision is made for me ;)

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Got a set of Fattys and 29+ with those ultra mega super 197mm.

Its hanging up, waiting on me to get fit and crack out another Simpson Desert race.
Looks tidy, I should be able to run up to 4.5" comfortably at on 27.5" although mostly use 3.8" for general trail and bike packing. Not sure that I could ever handle the Simpson, that's a whole lot of blistering sun and nothingness.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Looks tidy, I should be able to run up to 4.5" comfortably at on 27.5" although mostly use 3.8" for general trail and bike packing. Not sure that I could ever handle the Simpson, that's a whole lot of blistering sun and nothingness.
Now the game of finding components begins !

The 2 years I did it we had temps up to 50°C, in 2018 the desert was green and they had to put hoodies on between stages.

Grab a mate and do it as a duo ;)

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I love my fatty

They just look all ‘adventurous’ standing still , purposeful .
Then make you giggle as you ride them .

And as we are discussing ‘Fat’

My only challenge at present is - do I go a suspension fork ?
im on old Skool 26 tho