Universal phone mount?

Jrok

Likes Dirt
Hey burners, had a great day exploring plenty gorge today for the first time and enjoyed spontaneous adventures, buuuuuut also would have liked to have an idea of where is going, ie trailforks etc. My problem is i use a redmi phone, not iPhone/samsung where quadlock is an option and also i dont really want the mount on the back of the phone all the time. Im also a little bit wary of the phone bouncing around like that. Wondering if anyone can ease my mind a d suggest a decent universal mount that will securely hold the phone? Or should i look for a cheap garmin edge or something similar that can run TF. Thanks for reading ☺ jez

Jrok

Likes Dirt
Yep, I just stop if I'm that keen to look.

Just like in the melway days.

Othwise I just get lost and love it.

A big part of the fun I reckon.
I agree but there is always times when I need turn-by-turn to get back to the car if I'm in a rush to pick up the kids or something

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
I agree but there is always times when I need turn-by-turn to get back to the car if I'm in a rush to pick up the kids or something
Yes, granted that is something I don't have to take into consideration

Jrok

Likes Dirt
Thanks everybody! Tek screwed it through the glass :)

What are my iptions for a cheap computer that will display trailforks?

Flow-Rider

Burner
Hey burners, had a great day exploring plenty gorge today for the first time and enjoyed spontaneous adventures, buuuuuut also would have liked to have an idea of where is going, ie trailforks etc. My problem is i use a redmi phone, not iPhone/samsung where quadlock is an option and also i dont really want the mount on the back of the phone all the time. Im also a little bit wary of the phone bouncing around like that. Wondering if anyone can ease my mind a d suggest a decent universal mount that will securely hold the phone? Or should i look for a cheap garmin edge or something similar that can run TF. Thanks for reading ☺ jez
Better off getting a secondhand Garmin, quite a lot for sale on farcebook sell sites, phones have the issue of using up battery-life as they always search when they don't receive a signal, which can be quite common in bushland. You can also keep a high battery charge, just in case you need to make an emergency phone call. With the upper end GPS bike computers, you can make cycle routes with other programs like Strava or Mapsource and then transfer the file to the Garmin, you can also add openmtb maps as the main map on the computer and that gives you a lot of MTB trails and fireroads on the GPS computer itself.

I use one of these for my commuter and add a large o-ring to secure the phone in case it comes loose.