Little Things You Hate

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
Never saw the value myself in a fancy piece of paper with signatures so have never done it either. I am slightly disappointed that I've missed an opportunity for an excellent party with all my mates, although the bank account probably thanks me for it, as its gotta be worth at least a couple of new bikes right there. I guess I figure that if you have kids with someone that is a far more binding commitment than anything ceremonial, but I also recognize this is a blatantly heterosexual view plus not every hetero should feel the need to have kids.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
People turning up to collect a car they have bought from having promised to bring cash and then want to do a transfer. Sigh.

moorey

call me Mia
He he. How did we get here again?

For the record, I am completely pro-choice on the matter.
Heterosexual, same sex, ambiguous, as long as consenting adults, go nuts. Or don’t.

Naomi and I originally never planned to get married, but it made things easier in many legal aspects as we started to plan a family, rightly or wrongly. I could have easily gone on unmarried, but it became something she wanted to do, so who was I to refuse?

Our wedding was a completely secular affair, with no religious aspect whatsoever, much to the disgust of many of my family. Some refused to attend thank cuss.
I’m only baffled by people who aren’t religious in any way, who take the church/priest/commitment in front of god path with marriage. But as above, go nuts if it works for you.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
we have an independent servo over a couple of suburbs away, yesterday was selling Diesel for $205.9 which is apparently the cheapest in the Hunter...Only problem is that suburb is famous for having a proud and well displayed level of crime, fill your car up and get car jacked on the way home!
But I think the owners of the servo are making a killing, theft comes in many forms!

moorey

call me Mia
The thing about parties…they tend to involve alcohol.
I’m not against alcohol, I just prefer to not be around too many people who require alcohol to socialize.
Mainly because I don’t drink, and my sobriety tends to make them uncomfortable for some reason.
Standing around in one enclosed place with the same people for hours is generally my idea of hell. I get that alcohol probably makes it easier. ;)

Mattyp

Cows go boing
I’m not against alcohol, I just prefer to not be around too many people who require alcohol to socialize.
Mainly because I don’t drink, and my sobriety tends to make them uncomfortable for some reason.
Standing around in one enclosed place with the same people for hours is generally my idea of hell. I get that alcohol probably makes it easier. ;)
I also hate the "Oh what? you don't drink, what's wrong with ya? Just have one then..."

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I can't hack all the noise at parties. All the different conversations going on feel like there's 12 different radios going and they're all tuned to different stations (and all about as interesting as commercial radio talk-back hour). Then the music starts, which generally starts out at slightly deafening before rapidly ascending to instantly permanent hearing loss levels, while people that don't want to dance now shout their talkback radio conversations at each other. Then everyone drinks faster because no-one can hear to talk so you just smile and sip your drink and keep shouting "GOOD NIGHT THOUGH!!!" in each others ears. I normally bail around then before half the people start disappearing to go for a smoke (or to consume other questionable substances), and then of course the next stage is "Shots!", shortly followed by people taking turns to vomit. A joyous occasion for all...

...which I'll never understand. Don't mind small house parties with mates, but yeah - events/pubs/clubs/etc can go and get f**ked. And yes - I'm a bunch of fun at parties. Not.

I also hate the "Oh what? you don't drink, what's wrong with ya? Just have one then..."
And if you have just one:
Go-on have another!
Nah mate, I'm driving.
Ah, you'll be alright.
Nah mate, driving.
Fuckin' soft!
:rolleyes: