Pub Trivia - AKA things that may be beyond the scope of Moorey’s knowledge

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The ones with wheels. And balls. And clubs/bats/sticks. And the rest.
Nailed it! @moorey is up.

V8 Supercars
I worked at the first one of those held here in Newcastle. I went in with a very negative preconception of what was ahead of me. I was wrong! It was worse...so much worse. And I have a fairly vivid imagination filled with negative opinions of such things.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I worked at the first one of those held here in Newcastle. I went in with a very negative preconception of what was ahead of me. I was wrong! It was worse...so much worse. And I have a fairly vivid imagination filled with negative opinions of such things.
I worked behind bars a few weekends when the Clipsal 500 (Adelaide V8 Supercar race) was on. It was always - always - the absolute worst weekend for hospo.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I worked behind bars a few weekends when the Clipsal 500 (Adelaide V8 Supercar race) was on. It was always - always - the absolute worst weekend for hospo.
You sure? It's reported to be one of the "tame" events on the calendar... :oops:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The last time the race was here I was in my usual bar doing stock movements etc on the Saturday afternoon. As per usual I had music pumping, on this instance it was 80s big hair rock. The number of drink middle-aged men who thought I was preparing to open was very high. I loved their disappointed looks as they attempted to get in.

More recently I was cranking the big beats late on a Friday and got to watch a l of bad dancing as the youthful crowd moved between venues.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
You sure? It's reported to be one of the "tame" events on the calendar... :oops:
Adelaide knows how to bogan. It just pretends it doesn't. It was fucking feral. Strip clubs and all the shit bars loved the Clipsal, everyone else just avoided the CBD for that weekend.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Offshore Ocean Boat racing.....its really just a big dick swinging contest for rich cnuts!
and luckily for us, we get to host round 4 of the 2022 season in about 4 weeks time... just when the fishing was starting to come good after all that rain!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Offshore Ocean Boat racing.....its really just a big dick swinging contest for rich cnuts!
and luckily for us, we get to host round 4 of the 2022 season in about 4 weeks time... just when the fishing was starting to come good after all that rain!
Worse than those noisy cunts that row at my place. You can't hide front the nose of those boats. If I wasn't so self sabotaging I'd wish for more rain and more chunks of shit floating down the harbour.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Because he dressed in bespoke costumes customised to the social standing of each victim of chess pieces for each murder.