COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

andrew9

Likes Dirt
i thought i was invincible. wifey and 2 of 3 kids got it a ways back, and i sat in a plague house for 2 weeks cleaning up after everyone and all their snotty noses and incessant coughing. After 2 weeks of basically rubbing myself in covid 24 hours a day, i came down with exactly nothing and figured i was the next wolverine/deadpool. 3 weeks later, out of nowhere, havn't seen a soul with so much as a sniffle, covid hits me like a truck.

headaches were the worst bit, snotty stuff and coughing was average man-cold stuff, but the week and a half long headache was something new entirely.
Pretty much what happened to me, I somehow dodged it when my wife had it five weeks ago, and now I tested positive on Saturday from unknown source.

I started with runny nose, then really bad "hayfever" sinus pain started. Second day had a bad headache that slowly got better over next two days.
No significant cough or any throat or lung stuff, just nose/sinus stuff, fatigue and headache.
Starting to feel better now, sinus still pretty sore.

I almost didn't get tested, because I get nose trouble fairly regularly.
It seemed like a normal cold until the headache kicked in on second night.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Can't seem to do it as it might need a new post with a poll, but interested who still hasn't had the spicy cough yet?
Both the wife and I are still dodging the bullet as are a lot at my workplace (CBR)
So far we've dodged it, despite husband working along side colleagues who had it (they all wear proper fitted masks all day at least). The school kid had more than half his class out with covid last term, as well as his teacher, but he didn't get it. I think much like @Cardy George's LS, my boy had his second vax about a fortnight before his class mates started sharing it around, so I reckon it protected him at a crucial time.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Well it was only a matter of time, but I’m down with the sickness :(
Kicked off last night with a coughing fit in the middle of the night. Had a headache that the combo of Panadol and ibuprofen can’t make a dent in, and cycling hot sweats and cold chills.
Fun timeso_O

moorey

call me Mia
Can't seem to do it as it might need a new post with a poll, but interested who still hasn't had the spicy cough yet?
Both the wife and I are still dodging the bullet as are a lot at my workplace (CBR)
Not me. Been surrounded by it numerous times, hasn’t got me yet. Or Felix. Something about our T cells maybe? I have no idea what I’m talking about.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
older kid is in the last day of iso, got it a week after i left ended mine. pretty certain he got it from somewhere else. been a nice slower week not having to go to before school band and classes, after school football, but i do admit i miss having him around the place. so how long before younger kid or my wife gets it?

Stredda

Day 3.

Felt better yesterday than the first day so I thought this will clear up fast.
Thought wrong, had a rubbish sleep last night as I felt like I was cold no matter how wrapped up I was. Then when I did get warm I broke out in sweat, so in the end hardly slept at all.o_O
I’ll just have to see what joys today brings. Oh, my son tested positive this morning too, we are all doomed:eek:

Minlak

custom titis
So I work with vulnerable / compromised clients
Client is in shard accommodation
3rd April I visit - Informed other client is sick they don't think covid but doing a RATS test anyway
10th April I visit - Client seems a little tired and out of sorts after session is over ask about client with Support Workers
Oh yeh they Both had Covid last week but don't worry they tested Negative this morning - i have close contact with the client and if she didn't have covid on Tuesday the 3rd then she should still be isolating on the 10th - Sigh

Stredda

Day 3.

Felt better yesterday than the first day so I thought this will clear up fast.
Thought wrong, had a rubbish sleep last night as I felt like I was cold no matter how wrapped up I was. Then when I did get warm I broke out in sweat, so in the end hardly slept at all.o_O
I’ll just have to see what joys today brings. Oh, my son tested positive this morning too, we are all doomed:eek:
Edit: My daughter now has it too.

FatMuz

Likes Dirt
I'm at day 6 and feel heaps better...just a mildly sore throat still. Did a RAT this morning and came back with a strong positive response still. Anyone shed any light on how long it may take to get a negative response... I'm suppposed to return to work on Monday?

PS: Feel like a right Chunt. Wife and 20 yo son are sick now...way sicker than I was. I think they're both pissed off at me. Pretty hard to isolate within a 3 brm/1 bathroom/1 toilet single story house.

FatMuz

Likes Dirt
Does the "strength" of the positive line on a rapid test actually indicate anything?
I got no bloody idea...just seemed to indicate very quickly and like it'd been drawn with a texta.

Got an email reply from work this morning (Education Qld school)... even if still getting positive RAT results...I'm expected to be back at work on Monday. 7 Days Iso is enough to guarantee I'm not contagious --apparently. I hope for the sake of my colleagues and my students (many with disabilities that put them at risk) they're correct. Mind you...I probably caught the bloody thing off one of the little buggers.

I think I'll be masking up for a week or so.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Still fighting the good fight. Daughter can't be vaxxed yet, so we're still at day 1 in this household.

Vague indications that under 5s can get vaxxed around June/July. After the second dose, we'll start to normalise our life a fair bit.

Had the worst cold ever a couple of weeks back. Fucking laid us out for 2 weeks. PRobably would have preferred COVID, from the sounds of it.

indica

Serial flasher
Does the "strength" of the positive line on a rapid test actually indicate anything?
Viral load... I think.
Mine showed immediately.

PRobably would have preferred COVID, from the sounds of it.
I have some work mates proper rolled by this one so not all good mate,

Got an email reply from work this morning (Education Qld school)
We are told not to test again, just need to answer the QHealth questions...

Stredda

I'm at day 6 and feel heaps better...just a mildly sore throat still. Did a RAT this morning and came back with a strong positive response still. Anyone shed any light on how long it may take to get a negative response... I'm suppposed to return to work on Monday?

PS: Feel like a right Chunt. Wife and 20 yo son are sick now...way sicker than I was. I think they're both pissed off at me. Pretty hard to isolate within a 3 brm/1 bathroom/1 toilet single story house.
I can only talk to the current procedure here in Tassie but you can still test positive for weeks after you get over covid, so it’s 7 days quarantine and if you no longer have any symptoms, you can return to work.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
I can only talk to the current procedure here in Tassie but you can still test positive for weeks after you get over covid, so it’s 7 days quarantine and if you no longer have any symptoms, you can return to work.
Same for Vic. Half my work mates ate back after 7 despite still having the sniffles.

What the hell are the QHealth questions? Got a link?
I'm guessing it like the Vic Health self reporting. There's a website and the questions are mainly about what symptoms you have and then they advise you if you need to get your arse to hospital.