OneUp Guide Bolt Size

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Can anyone with a OneUp chainguide tell me what size bolt is used to secure the top guide?

Have bought the top guide, and a 3D printed Jank Adaptor to fit to the Druid and replace the useless eThirteen guide, but annoyingly neither come with hardware.

Looks like a bolt and barrel nut of some description.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I just looked at mine, it's a 5mm Caphead, so uses a 4mm allen key.
The one I have just has the thread tapped directly into the aluminum mounting plate
It's the same as this one:
Cheers, I think that might be the V1 chainguide. The adaptor and guide I have is the V2 and almost certainly a barrel nut and bolt.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Cheers, I think that might be the V1 chainguide. The adaptor and guide I have is the V2 and almost certainly a barrel nut and bolt.
I’ve done my back, so am not quite up to squatting down to pull this apart currently - but the nut is actually the bit the holds the outer plate in place. The bolt really functions as more of a captive stud that mounts through the (in my case ISCG-05) mounting bracket:

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This has me stumped. Even the OneUp distributor hasn’t got any stock of the replacement mount kit which has the correct bolt, and can’t tell me what size they might be.

Appears to be an M5 counter sunk hex screw, and a 10mm-ish barrel nut.

Have tracked down a screw, but I’ll be damned if I can find the barrel nut anywhere online. Anyone know of any fastener places that might be able to help? Or have something similar floating around their workshop.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
This has me stumped. Even the OneUp distributor hasn’t got any stock of the replacement mount kit which has the correct bolt, and can’t tell me what size they might be.

Appears to be an M5 counter sunk hex screw, and a 10mm-ish barrel nut.

Have tracked down a screw, but I’ll be damned if I can find the barrel nut anywhere online. Anyone know of any fastener places that might be able to help? Or have something similar floating around their workshop.
The international site looks to have that kit in stock. Probably have to pay postage though:

andrew9

Likes Dirt
Without checking, I reckon the caliper brakes i've dealt with were all 6mm mount.
A rivnut might work, or someone with a lathe and 10 minutes spare

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Without checking, I reckon the caliper brakes i've dealt with were all 6mm mount.
A rivnut might work, or someone with a lathe and 10 minutes spare
That was going to be my suggestion too.

Sounds like a 1 beer operation……