Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I think i worked out why the new input shaft seal on the gearbox is leaking. I couldn't get the seal in a hurry for the Renault/Nissan gearbox, but discovered a Honda seal is the same dimensions and was in stock and cheap.

But of course the Honda engines run backwards... So the diagonal ridges on the seal lip that pull oil back from the seal are pushing out of the seal... Doh.
Not all of them spin backwards, you must have been unlucky.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Waiting for the tyre bloke to balance a wheel, listening to him upsell everyone on nitrogen in their tyres. Funny. I resisted the urge to point out what the composition of the atmosphere is....
Quick, point out the 'worked battery' in your car and get some street cred back.

You need to go helium in your tyres for true weight savings :D

Minlak

custom titis
Waiting for the tyre bloke to balance a wheel, listening to him upsell everyone on nitrogen in their tyres. Funny. I resisted the urge to point out what the composition of the atmosphere is....
Soooo not that I disagree with your dislike for the nitrogen upsell - Like any cult there are benefits to be had - It is just a question of if the benefit actually outweighs the cost.
The nitrogen in tyres is supposed to be 95% - Where as compressed air is around 75% - Also why do people always begrudge people making money? There will be huge mark up on the Nitrogen fill (I am sure those green valve caps are a premium product too)

*Suprisingly was not trying to be a dick - but it seems I actually am being a dick

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Soooo not that I disagree with your dislike for the nitrogen upsell - Like any cult there are benefits to be had - It is just a question of if the benefit actually outweighs the cost.
The nitrogen in tyres is supposed to be 95% - Where as compressed air is around 75% - Also why do people always begrudge people making money? There will be huge mark up on the Nitrogen fill (I am sure those green valve caps are a premium product too)

*Suprisingly was not trying to be a dick - but it seems I actually am being a dick
It’s just a rip off for car tyres. I’ve been getting ripped off a lot lately and I’m a little sick of it…

Minlak

custom titis
It’s just a rip off for car tyres. I’ve been getting ripped off a lot lately and I’m a little sick of it…
I get it - Was talking to the So today about how angry the entire sales process of anything makes me lately - And the seeming no one wants to work for it - Oh tell me what you want this is it go away or take it meh - That's why I appreciate people doing the proper process of trying to value add to their own sale - its the retail manager in me :)

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I get it - Was talking to the So today about how angry the entire sales process of anything makes me lately - And the seeming no one wants to work for it - Oh tell me what you want this is it go away or take it meh - That's why I appreciate people doing the proper process of trying to value add to their own sale - its the retail manager in me :)
Reminds me of a consultant from a distant past who would add 1 hour to his invoices for "preparing and submitting invoice".

Minlak

custom titis
Not a project but not worth its own thread - Get a new car for the company on 1st July - Got about 5k off retail with Tint - Mats - Cargo Mat included as we bought the Demo car with 2500kms on it - We were going to buy the Base model of the MAXX Sport but by the time we ordered it (6 week wait) - paid for Metallic Paint - Tinting etc there was less then $1500 in it t get the top spec model demo - Color Photographs like shit but is quite nice in RL.

Company finance is weird to get as well just saying :)

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Why you buy lhd?
More like why did you buy one of them? Dreadful things… Did you get the gutless underwhelming petrol you need to rev the tits off to get anywhere, or the dodgy diesel that’s likes to fill it’s oil sump up with diesel?
Both of them have the same floppy sloppy handling though, but then it’s an suv so that’s expected I guess…

Do they not sell the 6 wagon anymore ? A vastly superior car in every single way….