Little Things You Hate

cammas

Seamstress
LTIH- This weather, it’s winter it’s supposed to wet, raining, cold and wet trails, you know crap weather but oh no it’s nice the sun is shining :rolleyes:

Okay not really you lucky bastards out riding, it’s only been one week since my operation and I’m going f@cking nuts, feeling tons better but I’m not one to sit around. There’s still another week before I can drive and I’m going to say about 5 to 6 weeks before I can ride again if I’m lucky, I know it’s for the best but still frustrating (Yeah I know first world problems).

Currently surfing the web looking for a cheap gravel/commuter bike for when I go back to work, I’m going to try ride/train/ride to work a couple days a week to get the fitness up, instead going out and riding after work, in other words utilise my time better and save some dollars with these fuel prices ATM.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
LTIH- This weather, it’s winter it’s supposed to wet, raining, cold and wet trails, you know crap weather but oh no it’s nice the sun is shining :rolleyes:

Okay not really you lucky bastards out riding, it’s only been one week since my operation and I’m going f@cking nuts, feeling tons better but I’m not one to sit around. There’s still another week before I can drive and I’m going to say about 5 to 6 weeks before I can ride again if I’m lucky, I know it’s for the best but still frustrating (Yeah I know first world problems).

Currently surfing the web looking for a cheap gravel/commuter bike for when I go back to work, I’m going to try ride/train/ride to work a couple days a week to get the fitness up, instead going out and riding after work, in other words utilise my time better and save some dollars with these fuel prices ATM.
You’re tall aren’t you?
https://www.rotorburn.com/forums/in...3-xl-commuter-urban-bike.320911/#post-3505452

I hear ya, the cabin fever is real

Minlak

custom titis
I don't know the best place to put this - So here will do (feel free to move it if you need to)
Warning
Bob sold his BMW motorcycle for $12900 dollars in a private sale
Bob did the right thing and said he would not hand over the bike until the money was in his account
The buyer paid $12990 into his account directly at the bank Bob banks with on a Friday afternoon
The amount of $12990 shows up on Bob's banking app as a deposit with no other information
Bob hands over the bike and keys and takes the plates off as the buyer does not want registration transfer
Bob gets an email from his bank on Tuesday that the cheque he deposited for $12990 has been reported stolen and the funds are removed from Bob's account.
They had paid into his account using a stolen cheque knowing it would not bounce for at least 2 business days.

A quick search shows that many banks will show the funds as deposited but they are actually pending and will not actually be available until the cheque clears - in particular on the apps most people use instead of logging into the full sites.

A further search actually shows that depending on the bank and your banking history they will clear funds straight away for you to use and then just claw it back if there is an issue.

Just thought it might be good for some of you to know when flipping these Covid bargains.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
They had paid into his account using a stolen cheque knowing it would not bounce for at least 2 business days.
In what way was the cheque stolen ?

It was a cheque for the correct amount but was it a bank cheque ?

Either go down to the buyers bank and witness the transfer to your account or get a bank cheque.
The bank cheques are not 100% as they can be reported stolen after the sale but they came out of the buyers account and seller has proof of sale. It not just a simple process to cancel a bank cheque that has been cashed into the correct account.

Minlak

custom titis
In what way was the cheque stolen ?

It was a cheque for the correct amount but was it a bank cheque ?

Either go down to the buyers bank and witness the transfer to your account or get a bank cheque.
The bank cheques are not 100% as they can be reported stolen after the sale but they came out of the buyers account and seller has proof of sale. It not just a simple process to cancel a bank cheque that has been cashed into the correct account.
I do not know if it was a bank or personal cheque - But most banks say cheques take 3 business days to clear - Even a bank cheque does not technically clear straight away. If you go to your internet banking account not through and app you will see more information about the deposit than on most apps

Even if they did not steal the cheque they could have just written a cheque they did not have the funds to cover and Bob's bank will treat it as a deposit.

ozzybmx

I do not know if it was a bank or personal cheque - But most banks say cheques take 3 business days to clear - Even a bank cheque does not technically clear straight away. If you go to your internet banking account not through and app you will see more information about the deposit than on most apps

Even if they did not steal the cheque they could have just written a cheque they did not have the funds to cover and Bob's bank will treat it as a deposit.
Absolutely but it sounds like they gave him a personal cheque.

My caravan sale a few months back took the full 3 days to clear the bank cheque.
It was visible in my account on Monday after I lodged it as pending but the funds didn't appear till Thursday.

Banks are very cautious about cancelling a bank cheque, they wait several days to see if the cheque is lodged and if it's to the correct account there will be police involved if it can't be sorted out between parties.

Minlak

custom titis
Absolutely but it sounds like they gave him a personal cheque.

My caravan sale a few months back took the full 3 days to clear the bank cheque.
It was visible in my account on Monday after I lodged it as pending but the funds didn't appear till Thursday.

Banks are very cautious about cancelling a bank cheque, they wait several days to see if the cheque is lodged and if it's to the correct account there will be police involved if it can't be sorted out between parties.
They didn't actually give him a cheque - They used his account details to deposit the cheque themselves at his bank - As far as he knew from the APP they had just deposited money there was no reference to a cheque.

ozzybmx

They didn't actually give him a cheque - They used his account details to deposit the cheque themselves at his bank - As far as he knew from the APP they had just deposited money there was no reference to a cheque.
Sounds like old mate Bob needed to be more careful.

Bank cheque, cash or verified transfer at the bank.

No rego transfer still needs the buyers license details to report the disposal of the registered vehicle/van/trailer here in SA.