Newly Released Bikes General

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Wait, didn't a new Nomad come out like 6 months ago?

checks internet

Okay 18 months ago. That's not exactly a while. Sales of long travel purely 650b bikes must be through the floor. But why get this over a Bronson? Or a Bronson over this?
Needed a glovebox apparently... Rumours on mtbr is that it's just a Megatower v2 front triangle / N5 (?) rear with a different linkage, which might explain the speed to market. SC usually refreshes every 3 years so it seems a bit out of the ordinary.

Bronson vs Nomad? Guess the Nomad is still the freeride/park bike in the lineup - 20mm more travel, a degree slacker up front.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Needed a glovebox apparently... Rumours on mtbr is that it's just a Megatower v2 front triangle / N5 (?) rear with a different linkage, which might explain the speed to market. SC usually refreshes every 3 years so it seems a bit out of the ordinary.
Sounds a bit similar to what Evil did with the latest Insurgent (Wreckoning front triangle) if that's the case.

Still, bit weird. I'm waiting to see what Ibis does this year / next. I think they have a real opportunity to make the Ripmo a 140mm-ish mid travel do everything bike and the next Mojo HD6 their 29er enduro bike.

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Bronson vs Nomad? Guess the Nomad is still the freeride/park bike in the lineup - 20mm more travel, a degree slacker up front.
I wonder why they just didn’t called it a Megatower MX.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
I wonder why they just didn’t called it a Megatower MX.
Good point - MX is really blurring the differentiation between 27.5" and 29" bikes. It's probably going to be hard for SC and others that are on the MX bandwagon to justify so many models in future.

Just compared the geo between the N6 and MT2 and it's practically identical - that's nuts!

PJO

in me vL comy
Good point - MX is really blurring the differentiation between 27.5" and 29" bikes. It's probably going to be hard for SC and others that are on the MX bandwagon to justify so many models in future.

Just compared the geo between the N6 and MT2 and it's practically identical - that's nuts!

View attachment 391732
Have they just reported BB drop on the Nomad from the front and from the rear. WTF?
I'm guessing the thinking is because the BB drop varies by size, since with MX wheel sizes the line between axles is no longer parallel with the ground, but they have varying chainstay lengths with size the variation in BB drop is only about 1mm across sizes.
Totally unnecessary and useless as it doesn't translate to anything unless you do maths:
Should just be reported as 12.2/15.2mm (+/- 0.5mm across sizes less in larger sizes more in smaller sizes).
At least they show the BB height from the ground (same across sizes), which is at least useful.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
It's a Santa Cruz - many of the legion of fan(boi)s would buy a new model just to get the latest colour scheme. What/why doesn't factor into it all that often.
Don't forget the 0.5 degree geo and 2mm ride height changes. The difference between lifetime shame with the d00dz and a podium finish.

I've always liked that they make bikes that I would want to ride. Saying that, damned if I would be dragging any bike to a top of an insta-pic location and holding it over my head for impressive photo opportunities for social views though. I'd rather ride my old stuff on solo rides instead.