WA Riders

discofrank

Likes Dirt
Margs/Dunsborough or Pemberton (next two rounds) would definitely be the easiest I would think. Well to be honest never ridden Gero or Karratha. Does Gero have any decent hills? Personally I love Pemberton although I never race - bad enough at staying rubber side down on my casual rides!
*enter the WAGE commisaire

@Rorschach Wage now has a Welcome men category where you race 3 of the trails only ( same as the under 13 whippets ) so you dont have to be super fit and gives you an idea on how everything works, no series points though, its a great way to start if your worried
there is also a welcome women , but this is 2 trails and same applies re series points

@downunderdallas the gero round is on private property ( a shooting range actually ) and is very york like, the hill is not big at all simialr in size to the goaty , i dont have the actual elevation , but i did get to see the trails there at end of jan!

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
*enter the WAGE commisaire

@Rorschach Wage now has a Welcome men category where you race 3 of the trails only ( same as the under 13 whippets ) so you dont have to be super fit and gives you an idea on how everything works, no series points though, its a great way to start if your worried
there is also a welcome women , but this is 2 trails and same applies re series points

@downunderdallas the gero round is on private property ( a shooting range actually ) and is very york like, the hill is not big at all simialr in size to the goaty , i dont have the actual elevation , but i did get to see the trails there at end of jan!
Cheers @discofrank didn't realise you were the main man around here!
Thanks for the clarification on the Welcome category, I couldn't find any info anywhere on that. Might be a good one to hit-up and give it a bash!

discofrank

Likes Dirt
Cheers @discofrank didn't realise you were the main man around here!
Thanks for the clarification on the Welcome category, I couldn't find any info anywhere on that. Might be a good one to hit-up and give it a bash!
not the main man, Steve Runs WAGE and does an awesome job! all the credit to him, I help out at the events and now a Auscycling comissaire , which means im there in a official capacity and apply rules etc ..

its a great introduction, with the less trails and also generally the easier trails to ride ( although some of these under 13's are stupidly good! )

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Not on the weekend sadly, although the trails at Kalamunda were absolutely mint on Thursday night. Not much in the way of standing water but just grip for days. I kept waiting for the tyres to let go in corners and they just stuck the whole time. I quite like drift mode when its dry, but having some grip is a nice change too.

Rorschach

They were sweet on Saturday still. Admittedly I wasn't going quickly as I'm a) unfit and b) a bit nervous after a few weeks off but yeah, grip for days

Rorschach

New skills/jumps area at the Goaty is great fun. Rain has exposed quite a few rocks on some trails. A lot less dust!
Last time I went to the Goaty I hated it, badly signed and half finished. I've heard a few say its pretty decent now so I'll have to give it another go!

ausdb

Being who he is
Is anyone heading out for the KMBC social ride tomorrow? I've been given a kid free leave pass for the morinng and allowed to use my birthday present early. If you see a middle aged fat dad with long hair beard and a black gold proframe riding an old matt black wrapped hardtail say hi.

Rorschach

Is anyone heading out for the KMBC social ride tomorrow? I've been given a kid free leave pass for the morinng and allowed to use my birthday present early. If you see a middle aged fat dad with long hair beard and a black gold proframe riding an old matt black wrapped hardtail say hi.
I wish. I'm stuck offshore for the the weekend!

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Did you make it along?

I’ve got a few more weeks of junior footy before Sunday rides become a possibility.

ausdb

Being who he is
Did you make it along?

I’ve got a few more weeks of junior footy before Sunday rides become a possibility.
Yeah, my fitness is non existent so went with the green/bliue group and had a nice ride and talked to a few people. Saturday is the kids activity day at my place and both kids went to the same party this morning so the planets aligned for me. I'm guaranteed four more rides over the coming weeks as I've just enrolled Mr11 in the KMBC Sunday arvo kids classes and need to stay around the area while its on.

Last edited: