What does your day look like?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
My missus still drives my old one, 2011 and apart from standard servicing, I changed the charging alt as was starting to fail... probably due to being immersed in water. Reliable old wagons, hers is just about to click over 220,000.
Ours is an early 2013. It too is the wife's. May have the updated pistons, probably but not 100%. I have modded it to suit our needs. Did injectors at 180,000km when they got to ~2), engine mounts (hateful active things) same time. Sealed for life gearbox flush and oil every 80,000km. It isn't fantastic but it works and does all we need so spent a shit load getting it back to good with new hoses, belts, suspender rubbers etc and those bits. Will look at replacing it in a couple of years.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
There were so many worse options available. Exhibit A: this pos masquerading as the latest Landcruiser:
But then I wouldn't have been able to post a funny looking critter...with the Land Yacht maybe something like this is more applicable.

They do look nice in person with a bike on top. Maybe I'm biased lol.
Agreed, much better with the bike up there.

Last edited:

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Toyota turned off the order book, 3yrs wait... no more new orders.

It looks disappointingly shit in real life too, like a fat Kluger.
So you'll be getting a Defender then?

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Why, they seem to be gentle on mechanical gear... ;)
Yes, very. They dont get named Clapton and El Clapo for nothing.

I never knew bikes could feel and look so clapped out until I see theirs and their mates... and my 2 have me working on theirs, the other boys are spending time and money at bike shops or bringing a bike here for me to tune and diagnose problems.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Yes, very. They dont get named Clapton and El Clapo for nothing.

I never knew bikes could feel and look so clapped out until I see theirs and their mates... and my 2 have me working on theirs, the other boys are spending time and money at bike shops or bringing a bike here for me to tune and diagnose problems.
Haha! Done that too.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Nah, new 3L petrol TT Ranger Raptor.

If they cant get me one in a reasonable timeframe, I'll be keeping my 200 as there's only ~80k on the clock.

Need to keep these 'L' blokes out of it if I want to keep it un-clapped :rolleyes:

View attachment 391993
Dear god no! It's 50/50 whether you get a lemon and dealing with Ford Australia is like Dante's Inferno.

Just get them a second hand Corolla. The unkillable cockroach of hatchbacks.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk