What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Took advantage of a slow morning to get out for a local 2 hour ride ahead of the forecast going to crap for the next 4-5 days. Got told over the weekend some trails had been blocked. Went to check them out. He wasn't kidding.....

Love the logic of preserving the environment from nasty MTBers by killing healthy trees. There's some irony there, but I was too angry to find it.

(this was in literally every direction too, entire network has been knocked out)

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Took advantage of a slow morning to get out for a local 2 hour ride ahead of the forecast going to crap for the next 4-5 days. Got told over the weekend some trails had been blocked. Went to check them out. He wasn't kidding.....

View attachment 392015

View attachment 392017

View attachment 392016

Love the logic of preserving the environment from nasty MTBers by killing healthy trees. There's some irony there, but I was too angry to find it.

(this was in literally every direction too, entire network has been knocked out)
Where was that?
The other logic that is not understandable is over time that will not make any different anyway, so they have chopped the healthy trees down for nothing at all!

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Where was that?
The other logic that is not understandable is over time that will not make any different anyway, so they have chopped the healthy trees down for nothing at all!
West of the Royal Talbot Rehab Centre near the Wurundjeri Spur lookout.

I've seen heaps of trails blocked off but previously it's been dead branches, lots of small sticks that would be a time consuming PITA to remove, that kind of thing. Not just felling trees to block trails. Insane.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Not just felling trees to block trails. Insane.
Thats crazy !

Doesn't look like environmentalists or tree huggers that are worried about the impact of MTB, just MTB hating vandals with no regard for anything.

Could have taken a spade in and dug holes everywhere and destroyed features, not cut the fckn trees down :mad:

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
West of the Royal Talbot Rehab Centre near the Wurundjeri Spur lookout.

I've seen heaps of trails blocked off but previously it's been dead branches, lots of small sticks that would be a time consuming PITA to remove, that kind of thing. Not just felling trees to block trails. Insane.
That the nice corners and step down on the hilltop? They’d been flattened and blocked when I went through last week. Or other side of the road?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

View attachment 392015

View attachment 392017

View attachment 392016

That's the kind of stuff parks have done around here a few times. It's pointless and stupid. I have heard rumours that those fees cut logs can make great foundations for berms and jumps.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
That the nice corners and step down on the hilltop? They’d been flattened and blocked when I went through last week. Or other side of the road?
Erm.... given my skills with description and knowing wtf I am on most of the YTs, I made a thing:

Everything in that bottom circle is gone, and most of the stuff in the top circle too. I dunno I was too pissed off to explore all of it I just wanted to get out of there. Stuff on the West of Yarra Boulevard is still there.
Doesn't look like environmentalists or tree huggers that are worried about the impact of MTB, just MTB hating vandals with no regard for anything.

Could have taken a spade in and dug holes everywhere and destroyed features, not cut the fckn trees down :mad:
Yep, I couldn't believe it. They definitely trawled the pickaxe through most of the berms, but then also bulldozed half the vegetation over them too. Cooked. Whoever did it hates MTB, had that vibe.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Erm.... given my skills with description and knowing wtf I am on most of the YTs, I made a thing:

View attachment 392020

Everything in that bottom circle is gone, and most of the stuff in the top circle too. I dunno I was too pissed off to explore all of it I just wanted to get out of there. Stuff on the West of Yarra Boulevard is still there.

Yep, I couldn't believe it. They definitely trawled the pickaxe through most of the berms, but then also bulldozed half the vegetation over them too. Cooked. Whoever did it hates MTB, had that vibe.
Sounds like Parks.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click

View attachment 392020

Sounds like Parks.
It's right near the Boulevard... Maybe someone who hates cyclists of all types?

It's pretty fucking shit, whoever has done it. As others have said, killing a bunch of trees and leaving them strewn about is far more damaging than a few MTB tracks.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
It's right near the Boulevard... Maybe someone who hates cyclists of all types?

It's pretty fucking shit, whoever has done it. As others have said, killing a bunch of trees and leaving them strewn about is far more damaging than a few MTB tracks.
Road bike riders and/or walkers. One and the same. It’s them. Or the gravel riders…

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Road bike riders and/or walkers. One and the same. It’s them. Or the gravel riders…
Wouldn't have been the gravelists, they use nearly all the same tracks as mountain bikers around here. Doesn't seem like a roadie thing either.

But a militant boomer living nearby and weary of having the sound of kids enjoying themselves interrupting their NIMBY solitude? That checks out.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
But a militant boomer living nearby and weary of having the sound of kids enjoying themselves interrupting their NIMBY solitude? That checks out.
When I went through last week there was a laminated “trails closed for restoration” sign with a little map etc… definitely Parks or perhaps the hospital admin even.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
When I went through last week there was a laminated “trails closed for restoration” sign with a little map etc… definitely Parks or perhaps the hospital admin even.
There a decent amount of chainsaw activity gone on in there, somebody must have heard the commotion.

Parks here in SA are in the jobs because they care (to a certain extent).

Dropping trees... while none of them pictured look green, looks like a bloody mess by vandals.

I feel for you Vic brothers if your Parks do shit like this :oops:

Flow-Rider

Burner
There a decent amount of chainsaw activity gone on in there, somebody must have heard the commotion.

Parks here in SA are in the jobs because they care (to a certain extent).

Dropping trees... while none of them pictured look green, looks like a bloody mess by vandals.

I feel for you Vic brothers if your Parks do shit like this :oops:
They do the same thing in Qld, usually just push anything over the trails green or dead.