V10 project

fastrider gus

super huck
Since i decided to play around on a downhill bike again a few years ago, ive tried quite a few different setups but nothing really felt quite right.. Easy option, just get a V10, cant go wrong..
My new obsession is custom paint, im loving the endless possibilities and new techniques to learn! Ive done a few custom rigs now but this one is by far the most ambitious, combining flake, candy, turned leaf and pinstriping.

Logos will be next, then a final clear and polish.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

fastrider gus

super huck
Def some inspiration for my Nomad frame!

looks great, you’ve done awesome!
Just read your nomad post, its bound to be a good look on that thing!
A mate just made up some downtube stencils for me and i grabbed a leaf kit from Smith Concepts, keen as beans to have a crack at it! Will do some DVO lettering on the fork guard too, possibly rim decals depending on what i end up with.

fastrider gus

super huck
Is this finished yet? I require moar photos.
No progress on this one unfortunately. I got a new gig working fifo mining so all the project bikes are tucked away in storage for a while.
I'd love to get this one all finished and have it setup in a travel bag for Maydena and Whistler adventures.
I might get time over the chrissy holidays to go home and get it done.
It needs to be sanded down once more, I've got some stencils for the downtube Santacruz lettering so I can put on the silver leaf, then a bit more pin striping and final clear coat.

Last edited:

fastrider gus

super huck
You don't wanna bring anything other than the bare essentials up here, unfortunately a V10 would just get in the way..
I will be doing a trip up this way in the van at some stage though. I'd love to spend a few days picking out lines down one of the crazy spots like this!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'd prefer to drop that with a few metres of fresh snow...but there is probably some very V10 appropriate lines.