WA Riders

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
I'll be in Perth for work all of next week, hoping to stick around Saturday for a ride, where's the best place to get a decent spec hire bike? Would likely prefer something of the electric variety unless anyone has the low down on some shuttles.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
I'll be in Perth for work all of next week, hoping to stick around Saturday for a ride, where's the best place to get a decent spec hire bike? Would likely prefer something of the electric variety unless anyone has the low down on some shuttles.
Rock n Roll MTB at the Camel Farm in Paulls Valley has some analogue and eMTBs to hire, think they’re Treks. That’ll take you round most places. There’s normally a WA MTB Adventures shuttle at Gunjin too

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Rock n Roll MTB at the Camel Farm in Paulls Valley has some analogue and eMTBs to hire, think they’re Treks. That’ll take you round most places. There’s normally a WA MTB Adventures shuttle at Gunjin too

Thanks @Rorschach, I'll get in touch with them.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Raced a National Enduro round over there quite a few years back now, by the looks of the heatmap there's plenty more to explore.

EDIT: Some .gpx files of popular loops would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Rorschach

Depends on what you’re after. More of an explore or more of a gravity day?
If the latter, Gunjin shuttle bay and head up and pick a trail down!

Rorschach

Looking at that heatmap I reckon that I'm keen for an explore.
Ok, easy. Start at the Camel Farm, Joeys Line, Camakazi, X Files, FJ, then Brand New Second Hand, Drago or Rocky Balboa, Mother In Law up to Gunjin then Muffin Tops, Horny Devil - stop and grab a coffee at Swinnees - then back to Camel Farm via Slippery When Dry or Camel Train.
If you want more, you can go down the back of Gunjin via Judderbars or Lazarus, or from FJ across to Farrell Grove

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Ok, easy. Start at the Camel Farm, Joeys Line, Camakazi, X Files, FJ, then Brand New Second Hand, Drago or Rocky Balboa, Mother In Law up to Gunjin then Muffin Tops, Horny Devil - stop and grab a coffee at Swinnees - then back to Camel Farm via Slippery When Dry or Camel Train.
If you want more, you can go down the back of Gunjin via Judderbars or Lazarus, or from FJ across to Farrell Grove
images (2).jpeg

I'm still not sure you took a breath while typing that... appreciate it mate, I think I'll be able to piece that together.

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was transcribing from Trailforks! Plenty to ride if you have the time!
So from Trail Forks near the camel farm Depends what you like, if you are keen on something that is more technical and difficult (and less sanctioned) than the Kalamunda circuit trails you could head down Chubby Shuffle Bypass to the Valley, trails like drift pig, wild boar, pretty fly have a few spicier bits but generally not super challenging. The double blacks are definitely a step up and most of them have parts beyond my limited skill level. If you can get across to Hand of the Shadow is a great trail.

There is a lot of water around otherwise I would suggest the Goat Farm, haven't ridden there in a few weeks but it's mostly been rebuilt with clay and not good riding conditions or good for the trails to ride them at the moment.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
I was transcribing from Trailforks! Plenty to ride if you have the time!
Thanks @Rorschach, it worked out around 21km for the loop, might shorten it up a bit so I can explore some stuff on the Chubby Shuffle side as well.

@downunderdallas if I go out to Hand of the Shadow what's the best way back to Drift Pig, etc? TrailForks seems to suggest that Meg's Pinch, Black Carrot and Crabbie's Climb all run in the opposite direction.

Rorschach

Thanks @Rorschach, it worked out around 21km for the loop, might shorten it up a bit so I can explore some stuff on the Chubby Shuffle side as well.

@downunderdallas if I go out to Hand of the Shadow what's the best way back to Drift Pig, etc? TrailForks seems to suggest that Meg's Pinch, Black Carrot and Crabbie's Climb all run in the opposite direction.

View attachment 392163
You can cut out XFiles, FJ and Slippery When Dry and my loop ends up at about 15km - thats my usual loop, decent mix of everything. Let me know if you want the gpx file - I start at Black Stump rather than Camel Farm, but easy to get from one to the other

Last edited:

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Rorschach

Yeah there is that.
I’m likely gonna do the 35km too so could be good, could be rubbish
It’d give me a distance to work to though, and some more motivation!
Ok, the wedding I was going back to the UK for has been postponed due to family illness so I’m signed up for the 35km at Dwelly in a couple of weeks
No riding for the last 3 weeks, none this weekend so this is going to be fun! Never done more than 20km on the bike in one hit either.

Anyone else going down?

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Ok, the wedding I was going back to the UK for has been postponed due to family illness so I’m signed up for the 35km at Dwelly in a couple of weeks
No riding for the last 3 weeks, none this weekend so this is going to be fun! Never done more than 20km on the bike in one hit either.

Anyone else going down?
Was interested in doing it but got too much going on at the moment. Haven’t been on the bike for 4 or 5 weeks since getting Covid so hoping to get up to Kalamunda on Sunday arvo for a gentle spin.

Rorschach

Was interested in doing it but got too much going on at the moment. Haven’t been on the bike for 4 or 5 weeks since getting Covid so hoping to get up to Kalamunda on Sunday arvo for a gentle spin.
I’m gonna struggle but fuck it, it’s a morning on the bike.

ausdb

Being who he is
@ashes_mtb I'll be up at the camel farm 2-4pm tomorrow, but won't be riding. Do you still want those roadie brakes?