Australia Post, I hate you!

teK--

Eats Squid
At the moment it's really only worth using Express. Well for regional QLD anyway. 3 parcels on the same day, 2 from Brisbane and 1 from Melbourne. The Melbourne one was Express and it arrived in 3 days. Brisbane is 3 hrs and only 1 stop away and they still have't arrived.... I would have Expressed the other 2 but for some reason when you qualify for free post from BikeBug you can't opt for Express. Maybe it's just my location.
I reckon auspost are intentionally slowing regular post items. Srsly it took 5 days to get from M
Melbourne to Sydney. Even express took 2 days. Pretty shit really as they used to do Brisbane to Melbourne in 4 days regular post.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Have they found a new way to fuck up, or is it one of the classics?
Auspost: If you're not home when we deliver the item, are you happy for us to leave it somewhere safe

Me: yes

Auspost: Hey, we're delivering your item today, to authorise us to leave it on your doorstep if no one is home, reply with "Y"

Me: Y

Auspost: sorry we missed you today, your parcel has been redirected to the post office where you can pick it up

Me:

Ben-e

Captain Critter!
I bought a couple of parts from online shop, probably weighing less than 2kg. AustPost said it would be delivered from 9am till 12pm, I WFH so no problem. Got a message at 1pm saying "undeliverable" FFS. Assholes could not be bothered bringing parcel to the front door. I had to take 30min collecting from Post Shop. Not happy Jan.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

link1896

Mr Greenfield
If you have a regular driver, bribe the fuck out of them with food and drinks. Challenge is so often it’s 5 or more various subbies that are always being turned over.

A mates house has a North American wet room at the front entrance. Basically a 3sq meter room for storing shoes and shit. Inner door locked, outer door not.

He places a couple of beers and whatever sweet has been baked by the kids for his driver whenever something is arriving. Never carded, driver sends him an sms when somethings been delivered, locks the door on the way out.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
If you have a regular driver, bribe the fuck out of them with food and drinks. Challenge is so often it’s 5 or more various subbies that are always being turned over.
I used to have the best driver, knew him by name, always dropped stuff off and knew where to stash things when we weren't home... had a solid 5 years of no issues, when shit hit the fan through covid we started getting random drivers and random deliveries, stuff would say it had been delivered and randomly turn up within the next 3-5 days, or parcels would not turn up, no tracking info, no cards, go to the post office and its been sitting there for yonks....or sometimes turn up home to a parcel in the middle of the front deck in full view from the street with hundreds of dollars of stuff in it when it clearly it had to be signed for... cant win.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I guess I had better join the queue here. Had a package sent from Oregon, USA. Arrived in Sydney in 4 days. Since then....
View attachment 388234
No way to track it with Australia Post. I have put it into the "forget it" bin. It will be a nice surprise when it turns up.
Package turned up last Friday. I had walked up to the road to get the bins and saw something sticking out of the mail box. My package. I reckon I was back in the house 5 minutes when I received an Aust Post email with a "How are we doing" survey. Unbelievable. Trashed it as I did not want to be arrested for threatening behavior.o

teK--

Eats Squid
Auspost: If you're not home when we deliver the item, are you happy for us to leave it somewhere safe

Auspost: Hey, we're delivering your item today, to authorise us to leave it on your doorstep if no one is home, reply with "Y"

Auspost: sorry we missed you today, your parcel has been redirected to the post office where you can pick it up

Me:
View attachment 389597
You live at the post office?

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member

Me:
View attachment 389597
Fucker never left a card either.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
So it's been a few day since anything was posted here, thought I should fix that.

Looks like I'm never going to get these wheels built. First lot of spokes from Find Sports were never shipped so getting a refund. Order new spokes with express shipping from Dirt Works who are great and get them out by COB, thanks @Ponchoatdirtworks. Seems like Aus posts geography is a bit off and now my second lots of spokes are doing an East Coast tour, expect to see dates for shows on the Gold Coast, Brisbane and Townsville soon.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
So it's been a few day since anything was posted here, thought I should fix that.
View attachment 392181

Looks like I'm never going to get these wheels built. First lot of spokes from Find Sports were never shipped so getting a refund. Order new spokes with express shipping from Dirt Works who are great and get them out by COB, thanks @Ponchoatdirtworks. Seems like Aus posts geography is a bit off and now my second lots of spokes are doing an East Coast tour, expect to see dates for shows on the Gold Coast, Brisbane and Townsville soon.
Another great spoke option

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
See here is another great moment of being the odd one out. I ordered a new kitchen knife and it arrived in 5 days, including the weekend.

nathanm

Eats Squid
ordered stickers out of China, shipped via Amarex Express. Arrived into Australia afte 7 days, then the maternal copulators, regular posted it to me from their warehouse taking 16 days total to arrive after paying $75 express freight for a small 500gm box.

PJO

in me vL comy
View attachment 392181

Spokes can't do stand-up they have no support base.