Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Well I won’t be booking anything for the Nurburgring… No refunds if the track is closed on the day or the car is out of action!! I shit you not. I would get a credit for another day only which is worthless for me and they won’t refund. So given the track is often randomly closed, I don’t really feel like throwing that much money out the window….
I’m not a great passenger when it comes to other people’s spirited driving which may well skew my opinion. But I think I’d spend three quarters of the lap terrified and at the end desperately wanting to have a crack at it myself.

I still reckon hire a fun car, plot a route with some good roads in the region and spectate for an hour or two.

SixT have M5s…

Flow-Rider

Burner
I’m not a great passenger when it comes to other people’s spirited driving which may well skew my opinion. But I think I’d spend three quarters of the lap terrified and at the end desperately wanting to have a crack at it myself.

I still reckon hire a fun car, plot a route with some good roads in the region and spectate for an hour or two.

SixT have M5s…
That's how I felt when I was a passager in Italy on the roads, almost every corner was a near miss.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member

SixT have M5s…
Mate and I take turns driving the other around Lakeside. Principle is to scare fuck out of the passenger. Hard to do when you are both laughing.

ausdb

Being who he is
That's how I felt when I was a passager in Italy on the roads, almost every corner was a near miss.
Especially around the Cinque Terre, where it seems compulsory for the locals to ride their vespas round blind corners on the wrong side of the road.

Last edited:

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Spent a few weeks driving in Italy in the late 90s, and it was pretty crazy! I’ve even driven in Napoli and lived to tell the tale!! Doubly sketchy because the Reno station wagon had English number plates and boy do they dislike the poms!!!

Haakon

Keeps on digging
I reckon the way to go is first be able spend a fair amount of time in europe to devote more than a few days to learning the track. And to buy something fun and cheap like an old RenaultSport of some variety and use that - not a massive loss if you bin it and resell it again (assuming you didnt bin it...) later.

crash3

Likes Dirt
Have started ticking away at the FZR250 project. As it currently looks below.
The bike came missing a few things, including an ignition key.
So tonights job was to pick the lock on the fuel filler cap which is keyed to ignition, fit new fuel cap, and fit new ignition barrel.
The new barrel came with a three wire plug, plus what I assume is the earth as a single plug, while the original one is hardwired to the bike. Cut the loom and fit in a three wire plug to suit, and it all fits nicely. I'll check the wires are correct another night.

IMG_1519.JPG

IMG_1520.JPG