What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
For the first time in three years...I started building a mountain bike. The Lad has become interested in a bike again but has grown very much out of his 24" Polygon.

Quite a few years ago, I picked up a large-ish 26" Chinese alloy frame from the Mildura Tip Shop and sourced a couple of generic derailleur hangers to go with it. A mate gave me some unused Mavic rims while I picked up a pair of Novatec hubs and a Manitou fork from Cycling Deal for peanuts. I had Josh at XLR8 make up the wheels...and all of it has been living in a box for five years. Earlier this year (maybe?), I found some basic MT201 brakes on sale at MTB Direct then added in DMR nylon pedals and cheap SRAM lock on grips. The rest is leftovers from the parts bin.

Hopefully, I'll get it sorted for the Tour de Gorge this weekend!

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Is a nice looking pump track. Some councils seem to have it going on.
200% correct, there is a lot to learn here for other “not so engaged“ councils on getting it right..great area for a wide range of users… skate park, doggy off lead area, scooter section for the littl’ns, basketball courts and a fun pump track that you can actually push out a full loop without pedalling!

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Tried to kill myself and nearly succeeded. Absolutely have not ridden enough recently for this sort of nonsense. Great day out though and incredible scenery.

http://instagr.am/p/Ch48HseMmc017WvocG9yyepPGKvUXu_vijVvKM0/
View attachment 392454
And here I was congratulating myself. Well done.

https://strava.app.link/RK6JaXQpVsb

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Trying to replace the chain on my roadie at the office and snapped the bloody rivet, and don't have a quick link handy.
Got given the chain so not complaining, but who doesn't buy a chain with quick links!

Rorschach

The pin is stronger...sooks. Quick links are awesome. Quick links are strong. Quick links are convenient.
I would have bought the chain with a link, but got given the same with a pin so thought I'd give it a go. Never again.
I've never had an issue with a quick link

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I would have bought the chain with a link, but got given the same with a pin so thought I'd give it a go. Never again.
I've never had an issue with a quick link
Push a pin out.

I taught my boys this from a very young age, they have been educating squids ever since.

I have used chains till they were 0.75mm with a pushed out pin fix months before, the only issue these days with 12sp is it has to be the right length and shortening the chain might throw out your shifting.

Starts at right place.

Rorschach

Push a pin out.

I taught my boys this from a very young age, they have been educating squids ever since.

I have used chains till they were 0.75mm with a pushed out pin fix months before, the only issue these days with 12sp is it has to be the right length and shortening the chain might throw out your shifting.

Starts at right place.

I'll give it a go if I can't get a link later on, guarantee I'll stuff it up though...