Marino Bike Co rigs.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Do you guys have any photos of these bolts it came with and what you replaced them with?

goobags

Likes Dirt
Do you guys have any photos of these bolts it came with and what you replaced them with?
I’m struggling to upload photos however the bolts from a Banshee Spitfire V2 fit perfectly. They look very similar to Marin Shock bolt kit F if you follow the link. Note, I wouldn’t have a clue if the bolts in the link fit but they look very similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Well, this is certainly interesting. I followed up on my replacement frame a week or so into April, and got a few "in production" shots (ha, as referenced in another thread, I think they often wait for a follow up email and then build!).

Then at the start of May, I got an email saying that was my frame ready and to confirm my shipping details. Details confirmed. They'll arrange shipping and let me know.

Here I am still waiting for the PayPal request for the new frame.

Fast forward another month and mid-June I get an email that it has been taken to the post office already, and did I have anyone interested in my current frame (the SUPER slack model) here in Australia. I replied that I hadn't really thought too much about that, and I recieved a tracking number. That tracking number ended up with the Hungarian postal service, so another follow up and I get a different one that does indeed seem to be mine, a photo of a box, with my name, tracking number all wrapped up at the post office.

Takes a few weeks, stuck at "at Peruvian Post Office awaiting international departure, and then all of a sudden it appears in AusPost waiting customs clearance and then at my door a day or two later.

All of this with no request for the further cash they we had agreed on. I'm very happy with that result for sure.

Alas, I won't get a chance to do anything with it for another 6 weeks, as it's Long Service Leave Roadtrip time!

Apparently they do have a local return address, which was offered when the original frame specs were way out of whack, so I'll probably return it to them as they have, in fact, sent a new frame completely at their cost, as one would expect in any other retail circumstance.

Unless anyone really wants a ridiculous super slack hard tail. Great in steep stuff, totally shit commuter and OK general trail bike, if you're happy to put the body effort in to turn a 61.5 degree HA bike!. At speed it's solid as, and will hold the line well.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Well, this is certainly interesting. I followed up on my replacement frame a week or so into April, and got a few "in production" shots (ha, as referenced in another thread, I think they often wait for a follow up email and then build!).

Then at the start of May, I got an email saying that was my frame ready and to confirm my shipping details. Details confirmed. They'll arrange shipping and let me know.

Here I am still waiting for the PayPal request for the new frame.

Fast forward another month and mid-June I get an email that it has been taken to the post office already, and did I have anyone interested in my current frame (the SUPER slack model) here in Australia. I replied that I hadn't really thought too much about that, and I recieved a tracking number. That tracking number ended up with the Hungarian postal service, so another follow up and I get a different one that does indeed seem to be mine, a photo of a box, with my name, tracking number all wrapped up at the post office.

Takes a few weeks, stuck at "at Peruvian Post Office awaiting international departure, and then all of a sudden it appears in AusPost waiting customs clearance and then at my door a day or two later.

All of this with no request for the further cash they we had agreed on. I'm very happy with that result for sure.

Alas, I won't get a chance to do anything with it for another 6 weeks, as it's Long Service Leave Roadtrip time!

Apparently they do have a local return address, which was offered when the original frame specs were way out of whack, so I'll probably return it to them as they have, in fact, sent a new frame completely at their cost, as one would expect in any other retail circumstance.

Unless anyone really wants a ridiculous super slack hard tail. Great in steep stuff, totally shit commuter and OK general trail bike, if you're happy to put the body effort in to turn a 61.5 degree HA bike!. At speed it's solid as, and will hold the line well.
This could be the time to sell it as a real mullet...29er rear and 27.5 front! That'll steepen up the front a little.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
61.5deg probably isn't as wildly crazy for a longer travel hardtail as it would be for a dually - due to only the front squashing and all.Theres also the option of an angleset if you haven't already - if your frame is a 44mm straight head tube I have a 2deg works set somewhere if you wanted to try it (I think).

Still though, not ideal, and not what you spec'd.

Rich0

Cannon Fodder
hi isildur, could be interested in the frame, can I get some actual dimensions from the built up bike? i'll message you

Isildur

The Real Pedant
61.5deg probably isn't as wildly crazy for a longer travel hardtail as it would be for a dually - due to only the front squashing and all.Theres also the option of an angleset if you haven't already - if your frame is a 44mm straight head tube I have a 2deg works set somewhere if you wanted to try it (I think).

Still though, not ideal, and not what you spec'd.
I had considered an Angleset, the lord of parts knows I've got enough in the shed (ha, yes, I've got at least 1 Works set spare and another on a bike doing not much), but the problem with the angleset is that for any inreased in HA, the SA would get slacker as the front end is pushed up.

Had I wanted a Doctahawk style bike, I would have been stoked, but in ths frame I was after a "do it all" tech hardtail, that would be comfortable on techy trails, steep trails, while still being able to handle the occasional gentle trail and even rarer commute. My target was the Primer/Rootdown style bike.

hi isildur, could be interested in the frame, can I get some actual dimensions from the built up bike? i'll message you
Hey @Rich0, yeah for sure mate, send me a mesage. I'll be away for 6 weeks from Monday (Flinders, Red Centre & Winton roadtrip), but happy to sort out anything upon return. With that said, if Elijah/Marino desire the frame to be returned to their Australian postal portal, I honestly do feel obliged to do just that, as they've now actually done what I would expect any decent retailer to do, rather than the option I thought where I would have to sell off this frame to recoup the expense.

You never know, they may be happy with the frame being onsold and them taking a cut.

If you have a look back through this thread, or do a search on the posts in here from me, you'll see a bunch of the Geo I noted after building it up. If you're in Sydney, you're more than welcome to chuck a bum on the seat to see how it feels.

Rich0

Cannon Fodder
just sent a message before reading this. it's great that they've done the right thing by you. by all means contact them before deciding on the next move

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Well this wasn't ideal...

They forgot the bendy, bendy job. Drive side chainstay is basically straight and the crank in the photo still has about 1.5mm to be done up. It's a 34t ring and would be a bees wang away from touching when fully done up. The non drive chainstay only cleared by about 2mm as well.

We'll see what they say hopefully soon...
IMG_20220831_133339_copy_1638x2185.jpg
IMG_20220831_133316_copy_1822x2430.jpg
IMG_20220831_133311_copy_2736x3648.jpg

ausdb

Being who he is
Well this wasn't ideal...

They forgot the bendy, bendy job. Drive side chainstay is basically straight and the crank in the photo still has about 1.5mm to be done up. It's a 34t ring and would be a bees wang away from touching when fully done up. The non drive chainstay only cleared by about 2mm as well.

We'll see what they say hopefully soon...
View attachment 392461View attachment 392462View attachment 392463
It will munt the paint job but the only way to fix those would be to heat the flat bar section and tap it inwards and lose some tyre clearance. Then apply a FBH tool strategically to the chain stay to dimple it for crank clearance. Or get it into a press somehow to squish it. Hopefully these would be stop gaps whilst Marino makes you a new one.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Not good. Hope they come to the party.

32t chainring ? Different offset on the ring ?

I run 30t (even 28t) on MTB's in the past, can still get a solid 40kph in 30:10 ratio. My gravel/adventure bike only has 30:10 max.

Another option depending on your chainline my be a crank with a wider chainline. My Deviate has a 52mm chainline and I went with XT M8120 cranks, which have a 85mm chainline. The spindle is longer and this allows a (IIRC) 3mm spacer on the spindle on each side, pushing out the chainline, chainring, crankarms and overall Q factor. I like a wider Q as it has caused knee issues in the past.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Hmmm... thats a very nice crank you had for it too :oops:

Had a look at the Shimano website. Shimano use the same crankarms and chainrings across the range.

The way they vary chainline and Q-factor is by longer spindles and spacers... to reduce on tooling.

A longer spindle may be an option with your current crank at the sacrifice of ideal chainline.

sdfgdsfdgs.jpg

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Ah dude, that sucks. For reference, here's my (finally correct*) frame, boost, 32t ring and 165mm Praxis Girder cranks. They've definitely forgot the bendy-bendy on yours.

*mostly correct, maybe 1 to 0.5 degree out still, but can't be bothered to go through another 6 month wait for another frame and this one rides just how I wanted the bike to ride, based on the one ride I've had. And I'll do a full report soon ;)

20220831_184854.jpg
20220831_184857.jpg