Buying bike parts from overseas, shipping time estimates and methods ?

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Anyone ordered from Wiggle recently? What was the delivery time frame?
I had a bulky thing that took a week or so, 10 days tops, had to pay $45 shipping, I think it came DHL express. if you have non-bulky stuff and the order has free shipping, then roughly the normal timeframe as far as I know.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Reading this Wiggle chat inspired me to have a look at my Bike24 order progression... well faaaak me, landed in Oz an hour ago :cool:

Another 16 day'er from Frankie's T-mac to the Aussie big shed !

hdfh.jpg

Last edited:

ForkinGreat

Hibike still taking their sweet german time to bother to update my order status nearly 2 days and messages both on their site and FB messenger,
after paying their BS surprise shipping surcharge.

ForkinGreat

The dumbcunce at Hibike finally got back to me and don't seem to realize or won't aknowledge that I've already paid their damn surcharge. WTF!?!?!
I sent them a screen shot of the notification from Paypal.

ForkinGreat

All for €10 extra shipping :confused: they have gone and made an arse of themselves.

If Bike24 hadn't geoblocked, they are pretty good at price matching other German retailers.
I replied to their email within 10 minutes with the screen shot. 3 hours ago. no reply, no update on hibike. FFS.
I used the link to PP that hibike gave me in the email, to send the money. I have NFI what the hold-up could possibly be.

ozzybmx

First time for a sub 2 day Aussie turnaround, arrived in the country Thursday, delivered Saturday morning.

Comes with the standard Bike24 hole to keep you guessing as you do the unboxing.

Resized_20220903_103935.jpeg

ForkinGreat

First time for a sub 2 day Aussie turnaround, arrived in the country Thursday, delivered Saturday morning.

Comes with the standard Bike24 hole to keep you guessing as you do the unboxing.

View attachment 392543
yeah, the big box for small parts thing that bike24 does is a bit of a block to want to order from them. it's not such a hassle if getting rims or whatever, but smaller parts can get lost or nicked in transit. At some point, bike24 must have got a killer deal on big-ass boxes, and just decided "fuckit, every customer gets a big box, no matter what they order" :p

ozzybmx

yeah, the big box for small parts thing that bike24 does is a bit of a block to want to order from them. it's not such a hassle if getting rims or whatever, but smaller parts can get lost or nicked in transit. At some point, bike24 must have got a killer deal on big-ass boxes, and just decided "fuckit, every customer gets a big box, no matter what they order" :p
This one was about 90% full, it was a good size this time with only a token swaft of packing paper on the top as old habits die hard.

I have had more packing that items on many of occasions.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Has stuff from the UK stalled? Royal Mail went on strike apparently. No movement since the 26th of August...

"Cleared and awaiting international departure
LANGLEY (GB), UNITED KINGDOM"

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Has stuff from the UK stalled? Royal Mail went on strike apparently. No movement since the 26th of August...

I was just about to post this. My CRC order has stalled at the airport too. Have they employed the bloody Germans??

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again

Wow - I was lucky then. Ordered my nukeproof from chain reaction on the 25th and had it in my hands in 8 days

ozzybmx

So heading back to the motherland in a few weeks to visit the oldies and inquired with a certain UK brand that 3 riding siblings founded about a frame ;)

I seen on their website that they had a 12 week lead on complete bikes and blamed part shortage for the long wait so I asked if they would be able to have a frame only ready and shipped to NI for me to carry back to Aus in 6 weeks.

Sadly their times have blown out and it will be 14-18 weeks (thankfully) for even a frame.

They said it would still be good to get me on one of their bikes but I have said not as this time. My idea was to buy with UK VAT, claim 20% VAT on departure at Dublin and pay 10% GST on Aus entry of course ;)

Will either carry back a cheaper frame for my boys or take a bike with me for my short visit.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
How can I feed my suspension needs with shipping this slow!
I can't be that bad, since my post above it's arrived in Australia and in the way to the final destination...
Must have been the same plane because mine has arrived in Aus too.