Nerfonomics

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Zero penalties for non compliance, so doing a “It’s the vibe of the thing, your Honour” by Dennis Denuto from The Castle will do
For now. I think the intended outcome is to shame you into protecting your company's reputation. If say kmart gets exposed for supporting modern slavery, but big w doesn't, it's easy for people to make that type of switch based on their moral appetite.

I suspect as this becomes a stronger piece of legislation, it could have penalties tied to it in the future.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
For now. I think the intended outcome is to shame you into protecting your company's reputation. If say kmart gets exposed for supporting modern slavery, but big w doesn't, it's easy for people to make that type of switch based on their moral appetite.

I suspect as this becomes a stronger piece of legislation, it could have penalties tied to it in the future.
that would be a nice step forward.
Needs to happen. The pervasive nature of modern slavery makes it impossible for the end user to even comprehend the human rights due diligence process, let alone compliance, an under funded federal department investigating such matters would be better then nothing (current), unless the media manage to unearth evidence, likely via whistleblowers, or a competitor funds an investigation on a entity.
Currently we don’t know if the o-ring in the latest set of forks came from a 3rd world nation where kids 12 years old were forced to work for SFA while their mother is abused.

safreek

theres no need to hide anything, people in the western world are driven by value. You will buy a $4 basic unprinted Tshirt from Kmart made in bangladesh by a 12 year old child rather than pay for the equivalent $30 one that was manufactured locally
Yeah, all t shirts taste the same though.
Now food, only a mug does not buy Aussie grown food every time.
Shouldn't be allowed to import that shitty tasting pig flesh, bring on the disease.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yeah, all t shirts taste the same though.
Now food, only a mug does not buy Aussie grown food every time.
Shouldn't be allowed to import that shitty tasting pig flesh, bring on the disease.
I personally only eat the juicy delicious mangoes from Antarctica. Anywhere else can't match the growing conditions.

nathanm

Eats Squid
theres no need to hide anything, people in the western world are driven by value. You will buy a $4 basic unprinted Tshirt from Kmart made in bangladesh by a 12 year old child rather than pay for the equivalent $30 one that was manufactured locally
manufactured locally using material sourced from bangladesh made by 12 year old children. I challenge you to find almost any clothing made 100% locally from 100% local materials. Not a lot of cotton and polyester farmers left in business these days.

off topic but in Tassie we had Anchor wetsuits who "manufactured" wetsuits locally for Tassie conditions and even "exported" them. They recently had a fire but all their stock is ok as it was stored in containers, because even they found it cheaper years ago to have all their product made overseas, shipped here in said containers, but not tell anyone about it.