Derby in Tassi

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
@itsajoke I'm proud to say I have spent over 60 days in Derby over 4 trips and done well over 100 Blackstump runs.

I have never climbed Long Shadows or the fire road :D

Every one of them a shuttle.

Funny though, the last shuttle I did was in George Town (Tassie) at the beginning of Jan 22.

Its a Tassie thing, awesome downs, dont waste good energy riding up.

nathanm

Eats Squid
Council depot redevelopment.

View attachment 392659

the new camping area will be interesting. currently its sort of a gravel/grass hybrid area utilised by motorhomes, campers etc. However currently you can park and camp in that area and I'll be interested to see if it will be used exclusively for camping or whether it'll fill up as an overflow carpark?
Given that so many campers now sprawl out taking up a half dozen spaces instead of one/two it'd be good to see some sort of policing of that area, or even allocated and marked camping spots to stop people taking up more room than they really need.

ozzybmx

the new camping area will be interesting. currently its sort of a gravel/grass hybrid area utilised by motorhomes, campers etc. However currently you can park and camp in that area and I'll be interested to see if it will be used exclusively for camping or whether it'll fill up as an overflow carpark?
Given that so many campers now sprawl out taking up a half dozen spaces instead of one/two it'd be good to see some sort of policing of that area, or even allocated and marked camping spots to stop people taking up more room than they really need.
Its not a very big area anyway and very open. A long walk to the toilet for females too, though the new toilet/shower block will sort that out.

Not sure how the new camping fee thing is going there. Wont affect us for a while as we have no van now, I'll just airBnB it for a couple of years until we buy another... by then it might be pegged sites and an enforced nightly fee.

nathanm

Eats Squid
Wont affect us for a while as we have no van now, I'll just airBnB it for a couple of years until we buy another... by then it might be pegged sites and an enforced nightly fee.
Jesus mate, I'd love to have your kind of money. You an e-bike riding dentist or something?
Back in my day we airbnb'd a place with 5 bedrooms the day before we left for $119 a night. Same place is booked out all year round for $500 a night now.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
It's getting a bit out of control with these giant caravans setting up in a wagon circles so two or three of them can have their own private area and take up half the campground. You also get people coming in a week or two early, setting up camp, fencing off areas then leaving it so they have a guaranteed spot.
I think it either needs to be totally free or if there is a fee, the camping area needs to be formalised and you pay for a site and for the duration of your stay. The latter is really the best option, as it's getting too popular and people are taking advantage of the free for all system.

ozzybmx

Charge the campers hard.. invest it into the trails with the new cash and I’ll drive an hour to ride them often haha.
I think the enforcement of the $20 a night and properly marked sites would be enough to rectify the issue.
So much real estate along the river too, use the cash raised to clear the blackberries and widen the access.