What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Christened the EVOC bag I bought some years ago pre pandemic with a flight to Canberra. Brought the roadie to just get some kms in, and no car with me for getting to the trails…
[Translation] “Who can lend me a bike? I feel like making my collarbones nervous!”

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Took the Fuel Ex-e out for a sunny ride at Redhill.
I'm enjoying this bike so very much. Climbing is as stress free as I'd like it to be, and descending (especially now the stock tyres have been removed) is even better than I'd hoped.

I'm going to have to force myself to ride a normal bike soon, otherwise I'm going to find it VERY hard going back!

Last edited:

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Think we crossed paths again @The Reverend
Was up at the trailhead about to head further up to rock salt and a nice Fuel shot past and up the hill. Mate who rides a Slash spotted it and pointed it out.

Anyway, also had a fun ride out at Redhill, but did myself some mischief on the damp sniper roots of pins and needles.
Fair slam, but got away with it mostly superficial damage luckily.

http://instagr.am/p/CiWkQGlJfjL/

Unlike my mate who slipped a pedal on rock salt and sent himself off to hospital for a nasty gash to the back of the calf and a load of stitches.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Think we crossed paths again @The Reverend
Was up at the trailhead about to head further up to rock salt and a nice Fuel shot past and up the hill. Mate who rides a Slash spotted it and pointed it out.

Anyway, also had a fun ride out at Redhill, but did myself some mischief on the damp sniper roots of pins and needles.
Fair slam, but got away with it mostly superficial damage luckily.

http://instagr.am/p/CiWkQGlJfjL/

Unlike my mate who slipped a pedal on rock salt and sent himself off to hospital for a nasty gash to the back of the calf and a load of stitches.
Yep, we were just hustling into Rocksalt and I did notice a couple of riders but my focus was on the trail entrance, sorry I missed you!
There's few of those Fuel Ex-e bikes about actually - they seem popular.
Conditions were much better than I'd expected at Redhill given recent rains.

Crusher and Pins are two trails I'll avoid in the damp. Way too slippery with those roots for my pay grade.
Rocksalt is awesome fun but has consequences ifnotngoes wrong at the start especially.

Hope you're recovering and your mate is back soon enough.
#isthebikeok

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Did some track maintenance so we can all race our 3hr season finale this weekend.

That's if the river doesn't rise much more. It's already ruled out all the fun stuff at the trail head. If it gets too high it will cut the whole park in two.

Frogs are loving it though!

@silentbutdeadly can you remember any river heights that were critical to the park?

ausdb

Being who he is
Paid it back today, volunteered with KMBC to build a short trail called Missing Link. Nothing techy just a 200m two way trail to join sections of the network. Then did a short loop to try it out, It was a fun morning out with the boys.
I forgot to get a before but this is the after.
DSC_1125-picsay.jpg
DSC_1117-picsay.jpg
Screenshot_20220911-172144.png

Last edited:

crash3

Likes Dirt
Finally back on the trails today. Felt bloody good (if hard on the climbs) to be on the dirt again.
Tried a new chain lube - Boeing T.9, recommended by one of the LBS's. It was pretty wet in the gulleys of Superbowl, so got some chain grinding toward the end there, but I did apply the lube over existing dry lube, hopefully a proper clean and application will prevent that next time.

Also found the rear tyre rubbed on the rear triangle on the right hand side a lot. The wheel is much closer to that side than the left so I'll have to look into that.

Might look for a lighter wheelset as the next upgrade - the difference between clean wheels and wheels caked with clay is crazy.

1662941094045.png

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Finally back on the trails today. Felt bloody good (if hard on the climbs) to be on the dirt again.
Tried a new chain lube - Boeing T.9, recommended by one of the LBS's. It was pretty wet in the gulleys of Superbowl, so got some chain grinding toward the end there, but I did apply the lube over existing dry lube, hopefully a proper clean and application will prevent that next time.

Also found the rear tyre rubbed on the rear triangle on the right hand side a lot. The wheel is much closer to that side than the left so I'll have to look into that.

Might look for a lighter wheelset as the next upgrade - the difference between clean wheels and wheels caked with clay is crazy.
Did the rear wheel come with the bike, or is it swapped from another frame?

Some bike run a 3mm offset.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Not today but the weekend. Rode it at bright with a couple of Burners. Saturday was sloppy, mucky, slimy and treacherous up on Elevation/World Cup. This was after my first run up there.
292FE539-9139-4A71-A705-35F3DE2DDF03.jpg

Sunday for race day it had dried out nicely. Still some slimy spots and sniper roots about but conditions were primo.

59EA3CDB-553B-4B71-88DD-F62820723EB0.jpeg

Finally have this bike dialled in and running sweet. Fork now has a Smashpot in it and a custom tune on the damper. Huuuuuge improvement over stock which I just couldn’t get along with. Only complaint is yeah it’s a bit on the heavy side but throwing it down the top tracks at Bright that’s just a bonus.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Not today but the weekend. Rode it at bright with a couple of Burners. Saturday was sloppy, mucky, slimy and treacherous up on Elevation/World Cup. This was after my first run up there. View attachment 392737
Sunday for race day it had dried out nicely. Still some slimy spots and sniper roots about but conditions were primo.

View attachment 392738
Finally have this bike dialled in and running sweet. Fork now has a Smashpot in it and a custom tune on the damper. Huuuuuge improvement over stock which I just couldn’t get along with. Only complaint is yeah it’s a bit on the heavy side but throwing it down the top tracks at Bright that’s just a bonus.
Loving the yellow highlights

Jpez

Down on the left!
That looks awful. How’d the HP drivetrain go with the muck?
Surprisingly well. I’m religious about keeping the chain lubed anyway to reduce idler noise so that helps keep it clean. There were other non HP bikes making a heap more noise than mine which I was quietly happy about.
I find mud is no issue for it. It’s dust it doesn’t like. It was born in Scotland I guess.

Jpez

Down on the left!
@Jpez how good does a decent fork feel! What spring have you got in there?
Yeah it’s like ooooh hello sailor! Where you been all my life. Haha. It suddenly feels balanced, just ‘right’.

The new chart recommended a 55, The old chart a 60!
Only had a 60 in stock so bought that. Felt stiff. Got a 50 and 55 off FB for a cracking deal so currently running the 55. Might give the 50 a try but tend to think it might be too soft. Especially for big hits but still curious.

Last edited: