I may be cheating but I'm having more fun

Switch

huskier headed gent
0.jpg

Yes I know ebikes are evil and I should burn in hell but I also don't wear lycra so I must be doing something right.
Here is my 2022 Marin Alpine Trail E1 with a few mods.
Got rid of the fork like most as the Gold 35 are pretty average and picked up the Lyriks used for a good price but may need to increase the rise on my bars as the steerer was cut a bit shorter than I would have liked.
This was the first ride trying a 450lb spring and I feel like I am halfway in between but will give it some more time.
Just changed to a 200mm Fox transfer dropper which fits the large frame slammed. A 200mm dropper really should have come as standard on the large frame.
The gold brakes were the only ones in stock at the time for a reasonable price so don't judge the bling too harshly, kept the stock rotors and despite needing the shop to route the cable around the motor after I lost the end of it, they were pretty much plug and play.

Overall loving the bike and being more confident to join rides that I would have avoided on an acoustic bike due to fitness. Instead of getting to the top of a climb and having to stop and recover I now just turn straight into the downhill and get way more mileage out of the short riding windows I get.

Frame – Marin Alpine Trail E1 – Large
System and Battery – Shimano STEPS E7000 and 504wh battery
Rear shock – RockShox Super Deluxe Coil R, 450lb spring
Front shock/fork – Rockshox Lyrik Select 170mm
Handlebars – Chromag Fubars OSX 35, 25mm rise
Stem – Chromag HiFi V2 35mm
Grips – Oury lockon
Saddle – Chromag Trailmaster DT
Seatpost – Fox Transfer 200mm
Dropper Remote – Wolftooth light action
Brake – Formula Cura 4
Cranks – Marin 165mm
Chainguide -Marin 38T (thinking of changing to a 36T)
Pedals – Spank Spike
Rear derailleur - Deore
Rear shifter -Deore
Cassette – Deore 10-speed 11-46T
Wheels – Marin stock
Tyres – Front, Maxxis Assegai 29x2.5, Rear Maxxis Minion DHR II 27.5x2.8

Minlak

custom titis
Interesting people still have this attitude - So many have secret E-Bikes now and soo many have suddenly justified having an E-Bike - I don't think the hate is real anymore - Just a learned response from MTB'ers that feel like they must say it - Like calling the wife the ball and chain or minister of war

Switch

huskier headed gent
The hate thing was more tongue in cheek than anything else. Being based near Bright, the number of ebikes owned by locals is growing exponentially as they just open up the area so much more. The added bonus is from a social standpoint they help level the playing field. I am part of the Mystic Digital ebike rides and I never would have joined a social ride for fear of slowing everyone down but on the ebike everyone is just up for a laugh and nobody cares about having to wait for people as you get plenty of Km's in.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Interesting people still have this attitude - So many have secret E-Bikes now and soo many have suddenly justified having an E-Bike - I don't think the hate is real anymore - Just a learned response from MTB'ers that feel like they must say it - Like calling the wife the ball and chain or minister of war
I do know a few people that still think they are the devil but they are becoming more and more in the minority. It's no different to when 29ers became a thing.
Funny as on person that I know who hates Ebikes with a passion also has an adventure motorbike, so go figure.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
View attachment 392784

Yes I know ebikes are evil and I should burn in hell but I also don't wear lycra so I must be doing something right.
Here is my 2022 Marin Alpine Trail E1 with a few mods.
Got rid of the fork like most as the Gold 35 are pretty average and picked up the Lyriks used for a good price but may need to increase the rise on my bars as the steerer was cut a bit shorter than I would have liked.
This was the first ride trying a 450lb spring and I feel like I am halfway in between but will give it some more time.
Just changed to a 200mm Fox transfer dropper which fits the large frame slammed. A 200mm dropper really should have come as standard on the large frame.
The gold brakes were the only ones in stock at the time for a reasonable price so don't judge the bling too harshly, kept the stock rotors and despite needing the shop to route the cable around the motor after I lost the end of it, they were pretty much plug and play.

Overall loving the bike and being more confident to join rides that I would have avoided on an acoustic bike due to fitness. Instead of getting to the top of a climb and having to stop and recover I now just turn straight into the downhill and get way more mileage out of the short riding windows I get.

Frame – Marin Alpine Trail E1 – Large
System and Battery – Shimano STEPS E7000 and 504wh battery
Rear shock – RockShox Super Deluxe Coil R, 450lb spring
Front shock/fork – Rockshox Lyrik Select 170mm
Handlebars – Chromag Fubars OSX 35, 25mm rise
Stem – Chromag HiFi V2 35mm
Grips – Oury lockon
Saddle – Chromag Trailmaster DT
Seatpost – Fox Transfer 200mm
Dropper Remote – Wolftooth light action
Brake – Formula Cura 4
Cranks – Marin 165mm
Chainguide -Marin 38T (thinking of changing to a 36T)
Pedals – Spank Spike
Rear derailleur - Deore
Rear shifter -Deore
Cassette – Deore 10-speed 11-46T
Wheels – Marin stock
Tyres – Front, Maxxis Assegai 29x2.5, Rear Maxxis Minion DHR II 27.5x2.8
Nice bike!
Haven't seen any Marin Ebikes in the flesh.

Switch

huskier headed gent
Looks great. How do you like the brakes. I'm interested in trying them.
I am a big fan, I have had formula brakes on my last couple of bikes so was already comfortable with them. Even though I am close to 100kg and on an ebike they definitely don't feel under gunned. Still on the stock pads too so once they wear out and I start looking at better options I think they will only improve.

Minlak

custom titis
Yeah but I think buying an eebs means u can just keep smokin and keep up with ur mates.
nothing like a benson and hedges smooth after punchin a climb.
As I understand it you should smoke menthol after you quit so people don't know you smoke - Well the ladies at work used to this.