Buying bike parts from overseas, shipping time estimates and methods ?

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Fedex Canada -> CBR 4 days
I still can't get my head around ordering a set of handlebars from a Canadian shop is $150 cheaper than direct from the NZ brand including the additional shipping cost!
what handlebars and what canadian shop, if that's cool to ask?

nathanm

Eats Squid
Has Wiggle changed shipping companies? Ordered a bunch of stuff on the 2/9 and got tracking details via Hermes. 12 days later and the parcel has only just cleared customs. Certainly wont be using wiggle/crc for anything I need soon again.
Ridiculous considering I can get stuff outta China in 5-7 days.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Has Wiggle changed shipping companies? Ordered a bunch of stuff on the 2/9 and got tracking details via Hermes. 12 days later and the parcel has only just cleared customs. Certainly wont be using wiggle/crc for anything I need soon again.
I've made a couple of CRC orders in the past few weeks and they have come via different couriers so I think it depends on the size of the item and where it originated (IE - I'm sure neither CRC or Wiggle keep all stock in one warehouse). I had DHL for a bike (very quick) and now have a message from Evri for another parcel. Never heard of them before but tracking is good so far and delivery seems like it's going to be quick.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Yeah some random shipping called Evri. It took a while to get out of the UK but after that it seemed to move along ok.

ForkinGreat

10-14 days seemed to be pretty standard when I ordered from wiggle/crc pre-covid, if I recall correctly.
are you getting stuff from aliexpress? bike parts?

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Yeah some random shipping called Evri. It took a while to get out of the UK but after that it seemed to move along ok.
Wiggle order via DAI Global and handed over to Couriers Please for delivery.

Another UK company used UPS and shipping label created 5 days ago and no movement.

nathanm

Eats Squid
10-14 days seemed to be pretty standard when I ordered from wiggle/crc pre-covid, if I recall correctly.
are you getting stuff from aliexpress? bike parts?
I must have just gotten lucky then as my last 3-4 wiggle orders were here within 10 days but were sent via Fastrack etc. chinese stuff goes via UPS/Fedex.
Looks like Evri/Hermes are a "logistics solutions" company so just send the parcels via whoever is cheapest with no regards to time.

Remember the good 'ol days when your CRC and Torpedo7 orders would arrive before pushys/MTBdirect. Now a 2-3 week wait is the norm.

Don't get me started on Just Ride Nerang though. Ordered a fork spring last Monday, they didn't bother sticking it in the post until Thursday and is unlikely to make it before this weekends race. How hard is it to stick a package in the post ffs.

ForkinGreat

Wiggle order via DAI Global and handed over to Couriers Please for delivery.

Another UK company used UPS and shipping label created 5 days ago and no movement.
Ha! try getting stuff from Germany. my last order sat in a fkg warehouse in Frankfurt or wherever for a month or more, ask @ozzybmx about this sort of thing.

I think there's a port workers strike in the UK, and it may affect air freight as well (??)

Last edited:

shiny

Ha! try getting stuff from Germany. my past order sat in a fkg warehouse in Frankfurt or wherever for a month or more, ask @ozzybmx about this sort of thing.

I think there's a port workers strike in the UK, and it may affect air freight as well (??)
Ordered from the Germans earlier this year. If my memory is right close to two months to arrive.

Not a strike! :( Last piece of the puzzle. Oh well. Forecast is crap here currently.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Last piece of the puzzle. Oh well. Forecast is crap here currently.
Then the great reveal !

You can do a bike build thread with one bit missing ?

Yes, it's not the weather from today to be christening a new bike, wet for the rest of the week too.

shiny

Then the great reveal !

You can do a bike build thread with one bit missing ?

Yes, it's not the weather from today to be christening a new bike, wet for the rest of the week too.
Ha. I could but will wait. :) Trails quite sloppy too.

Wiggle order delivered.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Not sure what i said wrong to them bir BikeInn don't seem to like me.

Order placed on the 6th, put in the post on the 10th, nothing but crickets since.

At least there's a picture of my parcel. Last time it took two weeks to be told it hadn't even been picked.

Chamelion

Likes Dirt
Ordered from ali express a couple of days ago... will be interesting as the last time i ordered something from ali it took like 4 months. One of the things I ordered was a chainring.. already got sick of waiting and ordered another one within aus.

BurnieM

Likes Dirt
Bike24
Ordered 26 Aug
At Frankfurt 27 Aug
At Melbourne Fri 16 Sep
Hopefully it gets to Sydney quickly.

Good to see DHL are consistent.