Floods in VIC - everyone ok?

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Not in Vic, but coming down from there....

Coming back from a quick trip to Adelaide on the weekend, I popped into Murray Bridge, in particular Sturt Reserve, which is right on the edge of the river. It's still within the confines of its channel, but only just.....

Looking south...
View attachment 395453

Looking norf. Still a bit to go to reach 1956 level (zoom in to marker on bridge pylon)....
View attachment 395454
My brother's house is in the "new" estate at the foot of the cliff at the southern end. He's being told that the house should stay dry, but the road in will be under water for an unknown amount of time.

@The Duckmeister have you ever made it there for the 24 hour race?

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
My brother's house is in the "new" estate at the foot of the cliff at the southern end. He's being told that the house should stay dry, but the road in will be under water for an unknown amount of time.

@The Duckmeister have you ever made it there for the 24 hour race?
Does that go round and round Kinchina? Would get pretty spicy after 20 odd hours in the saddle.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not in Vic, but coming down from there....

Coming back from a quick trip to Adelaide on the weekend, I popped into Murray Bridge, in particular Sturt Reserve, which is right on the edge of the river. It's still within the confines of its channel, but only just.....

Looking south...
View attachment 395453

Looking norf. Still a bit to go to reach 1956 level (zoom in to marker on bridge pylon)....
View attachment 395454
Is the bunyip ok?

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Stolen from my brother's Fakebook. For those unfamiliar with Murray Bridge, the river is the strip of water closest to camera.

20230105_084722.jpg

I haven't been in to Mildura since we came home. The river is supposedly receding, I'll try and get down there tomorrow.