Suspension Setup Sag/Travel

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
So they designed the bike and only allowed room for Fox shocks!
Wow that is really locking in one manufacturer.
I understand their philosophy behind the swing arm and frame, they wanted no rear swing arm between the motor and rear wheel to give as short a chainstay as possible. Then still allowing as much length seatpost for the dropper. Also much to my surprise, a 750ml bottle with room above it to pull it out.

But yeah, they've boxed the shock up pretty well to Fox unless the DVO actually fits.

Have return emailed him with the rumour about the DVO shock being a 60mm stroke or 65mm stroke... cant see it mattering but JIC.

Ibis_Oso_Storm_Blue_RearShock.jpg

Last edited:

ozzybmx

Just mocked this up this morning to check trunnion positions on the shocks that I thought might fit besides Fox.

Unsure of the strokes, it rules out CC but the DVO's look promising.

The trunnion bolt position is critical.

348886.jpg

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
Woooaaaa... $1800 shock.

I'll be sticking with the X2 until it gives me the absolute shits.

Then I'll go the full stroke 205x65 that ups the travel to 170mm in the rear.
$1800 shock? That’ll be 18 months in X2 rebuilds :eek:
Poor man pays twice. Or 6times if you have an x2

slowmick

38-39"
Just mocked this up this morning to check trunnion positions on the shocks that I thought might fit besides Fox.

Unsure of the strokes, it rules out CC but the DVO's look promising.

The trunnion bolt position is critical.

View attachment 398677
Wouldn't the DBAir give you more clearance that the fox? the trunnion is closer the the end of the shock so the controls should be further from the frame. You can spin the air can to have the main valve anywhere you want.

ozzybmx

$1800 shock? That’ll be 18 months in X2 rebuilds :eek:
Poor man pays twice. Or 6times if you have an x2
As above, needs to fit.

Better taking a chance on mattyP's $500 shock that is rumoured to fit than tossing $1800 in the hole.

Last edited:

ozzybmx

Wouldn't the DBAir give you more clearance that the fox? the trunnion is closer the the end of the shock so the controls should be further from the frame. You can spin the air can to have the main valve anywhere you want.
Thats why I did the mock drawing, by moving the shock down so the trunnion lines up, the piggy back will foul the frame... might even be too long as it is.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Have return emailed him with the rumour about the DVO shock being a 60mm stroke or 65mm stroke... cant see it mattering but JIC.
Stroke length doesn't matter for fitment, 205 is the shock fully extended eye-to-eye whether its 60 or 65 stroke... the longer just compresses 5mm more, giving you more travel. 60mm will have a 5mm clip-on spacer fitted inside.

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
As above, needs to fit.

Better taking a chance on mattyP's $500 shock that is rumoured to fit than tossing $1800 in the hole.
Ive got a ttx coil you are welcome to trial fit if you want to go the coil route.
But I agree, mattys shock is ur best bet.

ozzybmx

Stroke length doesn't matter for fitment, 205 is the shock fully extended eye-to-eye whether its 60 or 65 stroke... the longer just compresses 5mm more, giving you more travel.
All good with that @Mattyp, was wanting to know if the extra compression moved the piggyback or rear of shock nearer to the frame.

Its only got about 5mm on the X2, he has said the DVO 'barely' fitted.

ozzybmx

Ive got a ttx coil you are welcome to trial fit if you want to go the coil route.
But I agree, mattys shock is ur best bet.
Thanks Frenchy !

I reckon the DVO is the closest fit, might be able to work out a stroke before you buy deal with @Mattyp

The info from Ibis is next to fucking useless.

ozzybmx

The shock is slightly offset on the frame and the piggyback looks to be slightly offset from straight up to towards the closed side.

Swingarm needed dropped to get the bolt out, off to Fox for trip #1.

PITA :confused:

339578085_197634836321068_6840037390489526455_n.jpg