Is this going to kill me? Thru axle adapter

PJO

in me vL comy
The Germans at Funworks sell an entire endcap with a 10mm extension (so requiring a redish) but out of stock:

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Isn't there a boostinator that does this?

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

PJO

in me vL comy
Isn't there a boostinator that does this?

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
No, we already established that the boostinator doesn't work for the hub that @Rorschach has. His hub is has screw-on end caps. The boostinators are made for press-on end caps.

Edit: the only one I've seen for the screw-on hubs is the house made funworks one that I linked above

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Surely there are some very skilled craftsmen on this forum that could adapt up a couple of end caps that would fit your hub, for a modest fee of course. It would save you a rebuild.
You would need to buy the original endcaps for a 15x100 conversion like these (HWYXXX00S2477S)
View attachment 399662
@fjohn860 do you think it is possible to remove (machine off) the steel ring and fabricate a new Al sleeve with the appropriate internal step that would press fit on and extend each cap by 5mm?
Haven't been following closely, but if the hub is 20mm, the amount of material needed to be machined from the ID of those 15mm end caps to make a structurally sound 20mm to 15mm adapter sleeve possibly would be a bridge too far from a "I can trust this adapter so I will Huck to flat this drop" standpoint.

PJO

in me vL comy
Haven't been following closely, but if the hub is 20mm, the amount of material needed to be machined from the ID of those 15mm end caps to make a structurally sound 20mm to 15mm adapter sleeve possibly would be a bridge too far from a "I can trust this adapter so I will Huck to flat this drop" standpoint.
To make that adapter work for boost the steel serrated ring that appears to be pressed onto the rest of the end cap would need to be removed and a new sleeve fashioned to be pressed on in its place.
Most ghetto (i.e. those sold on ebay/Aliex) boost kits just have two 5mm thick shims which are 15mm ID and approx. 19-20mm OD. These would work but not very well because it's a real faff to try and get the wheel into the fork along with 2 little shims.
What I'm suggesting is similar shims but with a little extra material that would fit over the remainder of the end cap to stay in place.

EDIT: actually probably wouldn't need to remove any of the endcap if the new sleeves where stepped up to cover the end cap and stay in place that way...

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
To make that adapter work for boost the steel serrated ring that appears to be pressed onto the rest of the end cap would need to be removed and a new sleeve fashioned to be pressed on in its place.
Most ghetto (i.e. those sold on ebay/Aliex) boost kits just have two 5mm thick shims which are 15mm ID and approx. 19-20mm OD. These would work but not very well because it's a real faff to try and get the wheel into the fork along with 2 little shims.
What I'm suggesting is similar shims but with a little extra material that would fit over the remainder of the end cap to stay in place.
Ahh, gotcha.

I thought you meant remove the steel ring and then machine ID to fit a sleeve.

Yes, popping off that steel ring and machining suitable press fit pieces to take its place would probably be achievable and therefore probably safe for hucks to flat

PJO

in me vL comy
That Funworks one would be ideal. A re-dish would be a good option here
Send them a message and see if they are still going to make them.
Postage was a bit of a killer though, I think I went through the process of looking at other stuff and it was 40Euro for postage.

PJO

in me vL comy
Wouldn't he just need a clone...with the extra length to make it out to 110mm? Balanced of course so all he then needs is a rotor spacer.
Yep, either one spaced out 10mm and a redish, or both spaced out 5mm with a 5mm rotor spacer as well.

ausdb

Being who he is
Hopefully not killing me!
@Rorschach do you borrow the boost hub I just took off my front wheel, it's a no brand possibly novatec but the spoke calcs worked out the same as the non boost 370 hub I've fitted.
I would rather not sell as I may swap back when I can afford a better fork than I've got.
That would buy you time to sort out the other hub. I can also loan you a truing stand if you want to have a go yourself.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
@Rorschach do you borrow the boost hub I just took off my front wheel, it's a no brand possibly novatec but the spoke calcs worked out the same as the non boost 370 hub I've fitted.
I would rather not sell as I may swap back when I can afford a better fork than I've got.
That would buy you time to sort out the other hub. I can also loan you a truing stand if you want to have a go yourself.
Thanks mate - I might take you up on that but I'm really too time poor to learn to build a wheel and have a go myself!
I'll drop you a line