Full Fat or HiLo: an eeb conundrum

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Had a sneaky idea.
The EXe 9.5 is on sale for 8k. The Trek dealer near work has one in matte black in my size.
I can swap out the wheels, cockpit and forks for the ones on my Prime and get a better dropper, lever, rear mech, shifters and brakes for about 1k, a Bomber CR is $500ish so for under 10k I’d have arguably the nicest looking frame and a killer spec. Thoughts?
Sure, or you could just ride it and replace the things as they break / wear out.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
I'm pretty sure the spec from the product manager on the 9.5 is just to get it rolling.

The fork is well below par, and shock is just ok.
If you're thinking of getting a coil for the rear, I "ahem" hear that going for extra stroke makes a decent difference..
Iiiinteresting. How much extra stroke?
Likely I’d pick up some new brakes, dropper and lever and switch out the wheel set, fork and cockpit initially and then the shock later.

Follow-up question - what’s a decent brake set outside of Shimano, and reasonably priced

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Likely I’d pick up some new brakes, dropper and lever and switch out the wheel set, fork and cockpit initially and then the shock later.

Follow-up question - what’s a decent brake set outside of Shimano, and reasonably priced
If I were looking at an e-bike then probably Magura MT5, or if I had more $$$ then TRP DH-R Evo.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt

62.5,mm = 146mm
65mm = 152mm

Both work just fine, so I'm told..