Buying bike parts from overseas, shipping time estimates and methods ?

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
(..) But in other news my Vikkela frame landed in Sydney!!

And literally two minuted later the status changed to RETURN TO SENDER!! WTF! Straight onto Auspost who say that the box is oversize and they are shipping it back...nothing I can do. The chunts can't even tell me the supposed dimensions of the box :mad: I know my Pole is big but it ain't that big!
Good lawd, that has to be absolutely infuriating. Wtf.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Has anyone drawn the conclusion that when the Aussie tracking number appears on your DHL package (while still in Frankfurt), its usually only 2-3 days from landing in Australia ?

fgdfhfdgh.jpg

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Short version. My CRC arrived in two separate deliveries. Happy days.

Longer version. What a shitfight. Ordered near the end of last month and the tracking never made it past the initial parcel/s have been sent. Contacted CRC who started the investigation with Aramex. Aramex held out responding to CRC until the last possibe minute then basically said they didn't know. Two days later they then said the package had been delivered.....not sure to whom but I still hadn't got anything. More back and forth for a few days then one package turned up...smelt like it had been stored in dark, smoky moist corner of a Transit van. A few days later the wheel (the thing I wanted) appeared on my door. Aramex....still shit. Tracking still not updated either.

ozzybmx

Aramex....still shit. Tracking still not updated either.
My wheel is still on the way since 7/9.

The package sat in the UK for over a week, then moved to Sydney, still making its way to the Aramex Adelaide depot.

Wiggle-CRC shipping is hit and miss and Aramex are just the latter.

ozzybmx

Fark me ! Wheel is coming today, Aramex arrives. Gives me this box.

I had to reach $199 for free postage, the wheel was $150. A $32 1L bottle of Shimano mineral oil arrived 2 weeks ago.

This, with $15-$20 worth of shit in it, a few olives, a bottle brush and a 1 1/2 reducer, arrives in a decent sized box.

1 internal and 2 x International packages.

Still no wheel :rolleyes:

381660331_10230872783899951_7758414777136551804_n.jpg

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Fark me ! Wheel is coming today, Aramex arrives. Gives me this box.

I had to reach $199 for free postage, the wheel was $150. A $32 1L bottle of Shimano mineral oil arrived 2 weeks ago.

This, with $15-$20 worth of shit in it, a few olives, a bottle brush and a 1 1/2 reducer, arrives in a decent sized box.

1 internal and 2 x International packages.

Still no wheel :rolleyes:

View attachment 402922
At least you can finally give the toilet a good scrub.

ozzybmx

At least you can finally give the toilet a good scrub.
Last bottle brush got promoted to cleaning the insides of fork stanchions a while back.

I don't have a parts washers but some degreaser sprayed down there, then rinse with hot water and scrub. Gleaming :cool:

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
Just had a DHL van rock up which made me excited and confused. Especially since the tracking told me my package was still in Frankfurt when I checked it this morning. Turns out it was just something for my housemate via DHL express. Still have to wait for DHL post to get mine into the country and over to Australia Post.

ozzybmx

Horizon v2 or Pro?
$149 Neutron with 110x20mm boost. The reason I say boost is not for 100mm vs 110mm, you can get 110x20 boost and 110x20 non boost.

The boost or non boost describes the position of the brake rotor interface, on boost its 5mm closer to the calliper.

ozzybmx

Starbike have the IRT in stock btw ;)
I like the looks of it, the Mezzer crew should be on this !

Bold statement - I'm going to wait to see it it works for me with reduced steering angle etc before upgrading anything ;)

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
I like the looks of it, the Mezzer crew should be on this !

Bold statement - I'm going to wait to see it it works for me with reduced steering angle etc before upgrading anything ;)

Bold statement #2 - the Dorado is going to ruin every other fork you have experienced.

I had been running the standard expert air chamber in the mid progression setting at about 85psi and it was fantastic. I'm a compulsive tinkerer so the IRT was on it's way as soon as it was in stock and it is exactly as advertised....plusher off the top, stouter mid stroke and with HBO it's all covered. 64/96psi now.

ozzybmx

Bold statement #2 - the Dorado is going to ruin every other fork you have experienced.
Hope so, I just said earlier that they can be dropped to 170mm, the Deviate is a shuttle and trip bike only these days and could do with more plushness :p