The watch thread.

safreek

Ok, looking at getting a cheapie older watch, I'm not after Seiko or citizen so wash your mouth out.
2 of the watches I am looking at are an old tag Heuer and an old IWC for around the 600ish. Any other links to reasonable swiss, not of the Tissot type.

Or even this

Any other thoughts for second hand with little faces inside the main face.
Cheers

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Ok, looking at getting a cheapie older watch, I'm not after Seiko or citizen so wash your mouth out.
2 of the watches I am looking at are an old tag Heuer and an old IWC for around the 600ish. Any other links to reasonable swiss, not of the Tissot type.

Or even this

Cheers
IWC is in Algeria? It’s a manual wind. And 36mm case is small (normal old size, but small). That arm could be any size!

TAG is broken. It says so in the description. Also battery/quartz.

I mean… I clicked through wondering what you were linking to. Should have realised it would be the watch equivalent of a crapped out 90s dh frame from the local dealer.

Seiko autos are great. Grand seiko even nicer.
Reasonable and Swiss don’t generally go together. Screw the Swiss watches.
Those car crashes you linked above would probably cost you the same again in repairs - even if you could fix them up.

Frederique Constant maybe have some stuff around 1-2k? No idea what they’re like, but seem to have the sort of style you want.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes

Or even this

Cheers
The Tag is rubbish. The IWC might not exist. The only real option is the Raymond. Check if he has papers or do some research on that model and the colourways it came in.

Another spot to check out are the First State auctions. They sometimes have ok deals on second or third tier brands. https://bid.firststateauctions.com/...rder=order_num&xclosed=1&featured=0&key=Watch

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Oddjob

Hot tip, every post TAG takeover Heuer is trash. The 1999 LVMH takeover improved things a little but essentially anything post 1985 is not worth touching.

If you happen to have a pre 1985 Heuer Monaco or Carrera then you're in the money. These were pretty affordable 20 years ago, then the Chinese got in on the Swiss watch dick swinging contest.

safreek

IWC is in Algeria? It’s a manual wind. And 36mm case is small (normal old size, but small). That arm could be any size!

TAG is broken. It says so in the description. Also battery/quartz.

I mean… I clicked through wondering what you were linking to. Should have realised it would be the watch equivalent of a crapped out 90s dh frame from the local dealer.

Seiko autos are great. Grand seiko even nicer.
Reasonable and Swiss don’t generally go together. Screw the Swiss watches.
Those car crashes you linked above would probably cost you the same again in repairs - even if you could fix them up.

Frederique Constant maybe have some stuff around 1-2k? No idea what they’re like, but seem to have the sort of style you want.
This is actually the watch I meant to link, working order and all.
Quartz doesn't really worry me, I have had a fake patek for a year and it hasn't missed a beat. If a fake can run well I assume a real movement in a (semi) quality watch would be fine.
Japanese may be better but it's just not me if spending 5 or 6 hundred.

safreek

The Tag is rubbish. The IWC might not exist. The only real option is the Raymond. Check if he has papers or do some research on that model and the colourways it came in.

Another spot to check out are the First State auctions. They sometimes have ok deals on second or third tier brands. https://bid.firststateauctions.com/...rder=order_num&xclosed=1&featured=0&key=Watch

Yeah, the iwc seems a bit to worrying to buy, especially since they don't do escrow

I asked the dude with the Raymond weil if he can prove it's legit and have been met with silence

scblack

Leucocholic
Cheers
Ok, agreed with Oddjob, Tag are not great.

The face of a watch is called a Dial.
Little ones are called Sub-dials.

Might I suggest two Australian brands that should be in or near your price point: Bausele and Panzera. Both Good quality and will last better than a crappy old old watch. :cool:

safreek

Ok, agreed with Oddjob, Tag are not great.

The face of a watch is called a Dial.
Little ones are called Sub-dials.

Might I suggest two Australian brands that should be in or near your price point: Bausele and Panzera. Both Good quality and will last better than a crappy old old watch. :cool:
I actually have looked at panzera and they look sweet. But unfortunately, or fortunately depending on how its looked at I like old watches like I like old bikes.
I couldn't picture myself with a new watch unless I won lotto.
Then a patek would be the go, would still probably buy sn old one though

Thoughts on this beauty. This thing looks good.

Oddjob

I actually have looked at panzera and they look sweet. But unfortunately, or fortunately depending on how its looked at I like old watches like I like old bikes.
I couldn't picture myself with a new watch unless I won lotto.
Then a patek would be the go, would still probably buy sn old one though

Thoughts on this beauty. This thing looks good.
If it's been serviced I would want to talk to the workshop that did the work. The face and case can be restored but you want to make sure of the provenance.

safreek

Ok fellas, serious question as I am considering selling a bit of crypto to buy this watch if I'm not beaten to it.
BALL watches look nice and seem to review well.
Anyone have one and have any bad to say about it. Thanks

ball engineer hydrocarbon magnate gmt
Screenshot_2023-10-06-19-41-31-63_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg