What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Yeah they’re pretty fun. Most of the big things there are way above my pay grade but it’s still fun to roll over them :)

I don’t mind the climb up Nth Sth track, but it is way funnerer coming down. It draws the tourists most, but there are a lot of better trails around Mt Wellington
Every skill level enjoys berms without braking bumps!
I was really impressed with the progression of the jumps and how safe they are. Easier lines up to a proper dirt jump set (didn’t hit those. I wasn’t on my dirt jump bike and it was windy and I was tired and I didn’t sacrifice the right goat last night so chakras aren’t aligned).

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
You’re not missing much.
An oldie, posted it here before.

Kids had new 27.5 bikes at home from Santa, these Kona Shreds were getting BMX style small, we went to Tassie for xmas. I'm on a steel Merino.

We were going walks and leaving all 3 bikes on the camper for a few hours, no a massive deal if someone stole them, though still would have been shit.

These two little noobs turned into 2 of the best riders I know.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I was really impressed with the progression of the jumps and how safe they are. Easier lines up to a proper dirt jump set (didn’t hit those. I wasn’t on my dirt jump bike and it was windy and I was tired and I didn’t sacrifice the right goat last night so chakras aren’t aligned).
You’d like the new flow trail across the river at Meehan Range, although it’s gotten a few ruts in braking zones in recent weeks. Was a bit brutal as speed on the 26er hardtail yesterday!

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Went for a trundle out at Fox Creek. Fitness is three levels below the basement, and bike handling skills are non-existent, but I had a ball. Nobody there except a Dutch roadie leaning on his caravan in the carpark, and an emu that halted my progress on Dynamic Tension for a minute.

ozzybmx

Went for a trundle out at Fox Creek. Fitness is three levels below the basement, and bike handling skills are non-existent, but I had a ball. Nobody there except a Dutch roadie leaning on his caravan in the carpark, and an emu that halted my progress on Dynamic Tension for a minute.
Its a sterile place these days after the fire, it had so much planned and going for it, sad to see the place now.

Ultra Lord

You’d like the new flow trail across the river at Meehan Range, although it’s gotten a few ruts in braking zones in recent weeks. Was a bit brutal as speed on the 26er hardtail yesterday!
Last time I was here I did a few laps at meehan before jumping on the plane home.
That was a mistake. The leg cramps were way too real, and having a wipedown with baby wipes in the trailhead carpark after packing my evoc bag does not come close to a proper shower. Sadly I’ll miss those trails this trip but will be back soon.

I did have a great ride today, I’m leaving happy.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Its a sterile place these days after the fire, it had so much planned and going for it, sad to see the place now.
Climbing up Dreamweaver, through a thick forest was awesome. It was a bare patch when it was built even before the fires. Growth is booming now we are a tropical paradise.

ozzybmx

Climbing up Dreamweaver, through a thick forest was awesome. It was a bare patch when it was built even before the fires. Growth is booming now we are a tropical paradise.
I was there 4-5 months ago, climbing Middle Earth was good, at the top... wasn't so nice, Dirty Little Secrets, Ant logic meh.... got half way up, couldn't even think where I was with no trees. Rode the place for 20yrs, raced it... sterile.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Jump on Trailforks - there The Drops and Slides and a lot in between around the south Hobart side.
Done that, after some inside info. Will probably stay in New Norfolk again so I'll be needing to get back to the car eventually.

Or I'll go straight from there to Derby and have a proper go. Did the tourist thing and drove up the coast last time. Only had 90- odd minutes before I had to dash for the boat.

Ultra Lord

Done that, after some inside info. Will probably stay in New Norfolk again so I'll be needing to get back to the car eventually.

Or I'll go straight from there to Derby and have a proper go. Did the tourist thing and drove up the coast last time. Only had 90- odd minutes before I had to dash for the boat.
Mate you’re gonna love derby. Book blue tier and atlas, a great day out even though you’re probably morally opposed to shuttling.
I can’t remember the name of the loop I did with @hifiandmtb and his crew of madmen took me on but it was a few k’s straight out of town and it cooked me for the rest of the trip.
It’d be a great warmup for you hahaha. I’ll do my best to remember.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
I was there 4-5 months ago, climbing Middle Earth was good, at the top... wasn't so nice, Dirty Little Secrets, Ant logic meh.... got half way up, couldn't even think where I was with no trees. Rode the place for 20yrs, raced it... sterile.
It’s a head trip. Used to use land marks, trees, views to know where I was at Fox but I went recently and it messed with me. I know this trail but I have no idea where I am. Given the hype people give it I was underwhelmed and Middle Earth was closed due to landslide (apparently) so fire road slog to the top. Still good to ride somewhere different.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Mate you’re gonna love derby. Book blue tier and atlas, a great day out even though you’re probably morally opposed to shuttling.
I can’t remember the name of the loop I did with @hifiandmtb and his crew of madmen took me on but it was a few k’s straight out of town and it cooked me for the rest of the trip.
It’d be a great warmup for you hahaha. I’ll do my best to remember.
I loved the 90 minutes I had the first time round. I'd been working away from home for nearly two weeks, with 14-15 hours per day for the last 8 days to earn the Friday to myself before getting on the boat on Saturday. I spent that wandering around Hobart and Mt Wellington and so by time I dragged the bike out to ride the Mt Wellington trails Friday arvo it was late, I was shagged, so I pulled the pin, I think I rode a whole 800m.

Set the alarm ridiculously early Saturday to do the coast and hopefully make it to Derby in time. And I still nearly didn't ride. After the disaster the day before and everything you hear about Tassie trails, if it wasn't for my WHOLE club knowing I was there (there was a club race the weekend before and Mrs George was saying lovely things about where I was, I'm sure ;)), and the distinct chance of never getting there again, I might not have even pulled the bike off the back seat.

But bugger me if it wasn't the best ride of my Dadbod life. I don't remember the exact trails I took going up, but I did the whole Kingswall decent and I had never attacked rocks like that before. The only thing that held me back a bit was the explaining I would have to do to Mrs George if I'd binned it and missed the boat home. I reckon that would've have hurt more than the actual crash!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
To be honest I prefer it if every jerry on the hill can skid through the berms and also create an inside line, so that when I get there the corner is blown to shit. Who wants to rail things anyway?