How to Manual, Wheelie and Endo

khdownes

Likes Bikes
yeah wtf. this is a thread about doing manuals, i add in my comments as to whats the best way to do them and people start getting offended? you asked me a question, i responded.

period. thats it. no more post from me. i promise. unless its about something else. once i learn rolling endos or squeakers ill see if ive got some tips on them.

Plow King

Little bit.
and beleive me, ive jumped off at highspeed coz of no brakes, not in a manual, but yeh, it does hurt.
Should of ran brakes , then you wouldn't of got hurt. OH NO WAIT, It's is TEH ILLEGALZ TEH UZE TEH BREAKSZZ. ID TEH RATHER TEH BRAKEZ MYSELF THAN TEH UZE TEH BRAKEZ.

fleshbone

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yep,i know what he's on about,he is the guy that started this thread,also a dude that can endo well over 20metres and manual kickarse too.

Bry

Likes Bikes
Hey thanx for the tips hope they will help me (manualing is not as easy as it looks!) i was just wondering whether anyone has bought something of www.torpedo7.com cos i wanna buy some new forks off there and i dont know if its safe? any help would be great and again thanx for the tips

Plow King

Little bit.
Hey thanx for the tips hope they will help me (manualing is not as easy as it looks!) i was just wondering whether anyone has bought something of www.torpedo7.com cos i wanna buy some new forks off there and i dont know if its safe? any help would be great and again thanx for the tips
Yeah mate, torpedo7 is safe. Try using the search function up the top, because there have been a number of threads on torpedo7.

Cheers Chris

khdownes

Likes Bikes
http://www.eengoedidee.nl/videoz/do...direct&fil_filename=brakeless_manual_mpg1.mpg

sorry guys, i just had my camera with me when riding and i couldnt help myself!
This is my last post on the topic I SWEAR. Once i start debating something, i can never stop!:D

If anyone cares, its just me doing a manual without using brakes, and then bailing at a reasonable speed.
showing that there is no reason to use brake for learning manuals (unless of course your about to die, then do whatever the hell you can to save it)

mike-

Likes Bikes and Dirt
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsZrTdPr8Yo

I made that just to show you guys what I can do.

I can pretty much wheelie as far as I want now, I have jus tstarted to learn to endo and manual. I'm getting there, tell me what you think. Any more tips?

I have been over the bars a fwe times doing them damn endo's :eek:

mike-

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I don't think I have even seen a nose manual on a mtb, only moving endo's.

Are they much harder?

bikeaddict504

Likes Dirt
since getting my new ht i have been bunnyhopping, endoing, wheelieing and manualling (are those real words?) more than ever and am progressing quickly.
at first i couldn't do much and i was getting really frustrated so i watched heaps of videos to see how the pros do their tricks. i have managed to get my bunnyhops from only a curb to a foot in two weeks and i can now manual for ages.

for bunnyhopping:
1. lean forward to preload the forks - dont just push them down.
2. lean back and low over the rear axle then stand up straight, simmilar to a manual. this gets the bike as vertical as possible.
3. now suck in your legs, concentrating on pointing your toes down to wrap around the pedals a bit. also slightly push backwards on the pedals.
4. land and roll away smiling that you just hopped over________ that you couldn't ever do before.

a way to practice hops is putting your seat down to a certain level and doing a bunnyhop and seeing if the seat hits you in the arse. then progressively put it lower.

doing manuals:
1. instead of starting with the pedals horizontally put your front foot slightly higher than horizontal, say 50 degrees.
2. lean backward and down over the rear wheel
3. pull on the handlebars and push out your legs to initiate the manual.
4. if you feel you are going over backwards pull in your legs a bit and let out your arms. If your front wheel is falling do the opposite - push out the legs and pull on the bars.
remember to always keep a finger on the rear brake but resist the urge to pull it as much as possible.

safe and happy riding!:cool:

Great tips. only problem is i can never keep the manual up. i can never find the balance point. and when i do i realise to late and fall flat on my bum hahaha:p