Long Gulley Results

Mattyp

Cows go boing
What happened with the results, i heard they got lost / deleted. Whats gonna happen are they gonna make them up like last time this happened?

luke.b

Formerly DH Maniac
Where you there? Or have you just heard rumors?

One of the timing guys went home in a helicopter. (free flight and all). And they just want to make sure they get the times right before they announce them.

benmwatkins

Likes Dirt
results

it was actually THE guy (Wayne) who went home in the chopper and he was the main man doing the timing and he knows the system backwards. As the timing system is pretty new not many people even know how to use it, let alone get results out of it. Wayne was the one responsible for getting this system in the first place and it is a fantastic system when someone is there who can pilot it properly. We have had shithouse timing systems in Vic for years and many races where times were lost/wrong until this one was purchased so its a good thing we now have it.

I realise many people are pissed off about times but before anyone says stupid comments im sure it will be ran by several people not just one in future.

Pumper

Likes Bikes
Has anyone heard how Wayne is going? Obviously he is pretty sore, but has he lacerated anything that will stop him from riding in the future?

Pumper

Likes Bikes
i think you have 2 differnent people mixed up, the stake wasnt near his splean, but nathans spleen got removed.
What is your spleen used for? God put it there for a reason, but I don't know why. Do any of you know what the ramifications are of having one's spleen removed?

djtrazer

Likes Dirt
You dont really need it....Its from before Coles and Safeways exisited!

When us Homosapiens were swinging from trees eating berries and narnas!

To those 2 blokes, Get better quick!

motormtb

Likes Dirt
Nathan update!

What is your spleen used for? God put it there for a reason, but I don't know why. Do any of you know what the ramifications are of having one's spleen removed?
Nath's injuries were ruptured spleen and torn tendons in his left shoulder.Had operation on sat night to stop internal bleeding and repair spleen,lucky for him they didn't remove it like they thought they might of had to.Is ok now but will probably be a long time off his bike.
Spleen has something to do with fighting off infections.Nathan's dad told us if they had of removed it he would of been on anti-biotics for the rest of his life.

roxy12

Fat Tyre Flyers
Nath's injuries were ruptured spleen and torn tendons in his left shoulder.Had operation on sat night to stop internal bleeding and repair spleen,lucky for him they didn't remove it like they thought they might of had to.Is ok now but will probably be a long time off his bike.
Spleen has something to do with fighting off infections.Nathan's dad told us if they had of removed it he would of been on anti-biotics for the rest of his life.
thansk for clearing that up, its actualy the pancreas that fights nfectins though.

I thought it was you apendix that was the useless part?>

Boofa

Likes Bikes
G'day all,
It was good to see such a large number of riders at Long Gully for the 1st round of the Victorian state series. What was also fantastic was to see the large numbers of young riders entering the sport, taking full licences and getting out on their bikes. Unsure on numbers for under 15's (about 15), but atleast 30 under 17's took part which is good to see, many of which are riding bloody fast (pushing me to the limit) and are shaping up to do Victoria proud on the national and perhaps international scene, this is the aim.
As many experienced members of the riding community will know, it is very much important to mountain biking and the progressioin of the sport to have riders that can represent Australia, from this type of sporting achievement support from shires, councils and parks is much more apparent and therefore we can have more influence to gain access to more tracks and more government funding. More riders = more success = more tracks = more funding and more opportunities to ride.

Just wishing Nath and Wayno well, I think we should frame the stick that was stuck in Waynes leg and use it for the best crash trophy for the season (Wayne will probably win it anyway)
Thanks to all the organisers for the weekend, Scott Reidy and Steven, Jerry Healy, Dad (Andrew Swann and us), Beck who had a hell of a time in timing, Andrea, Hans and Monica, MC Juzzi, Benny, the busy people down at 1st aid, and all the transport drivers and all that turn up to help build and set up.
And of course the worthy sponsors, 661, Us (Yarra Valley Cycles), Steve Cramers, and Mitsubishi for the sick Triton.
Winner of Elite gets a Triton (haha):D

I hope you all enjoyed youself and will all be there for Geelong MTB clubs round 2 at the You Yangs (Drysdales Rd MEL Key Map Pge 11).
Seeya there

Ash;)

aday

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sounds basicaly like my injuries i got few months back. Ruptured splean isn't good at all, either is the internal bleeding, very uncomphatable and the shoulder will be annoying as well. I did all what he did plus a few extra things as well and he'll need the support. He'll Be off the bike for quite a while.

Hope he gets better quick so he can get back out on the bike but not rush into it to early.

TerraNik

Likes Dirt
Your spleen acts as a filter of against stuff that shouldn't belong in your blood stream (so helps to fight infection). It also recycles red blood cells (carry oxygen to your tissues) and platelets (used for blood clotting), and stores them for later use.

If you have your spleen removed the filtering is basically looked after by other organs (lymphatic system and liver) but you are more susceptible to infection. Most common management of that is to ensure vaccinations and sometimes they use a long-term antibiotic (more commonly in kids).

Hope that helps :)