new bike or just mod the one i got now

yakuza type R

Likes Dirt
Ok guys, what do you think about this
I just got a giant faith 1 in November last year. But I want a new bike now. Something that is more suited to downhill, not a freeride and downhill like a faith.

But I just got a new bike, so would it be easier to just upgrade parts on my faith so its more suited for downhill, or buy a new one.

thats my faith
http://forums.farkin.net/showthread.php?t=73224

Rik

logged out
Ask yourself, what makes the Faith unsuited for DH, and do those aspects impede your performance at all?

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
When asking questions about parts n stuff, please post in the Parts 'n Stuff section.

Thank you.

Patrick88

Likes Bikes
i also own a faith 1 06,
I find that the 66 RC2X are brilliant for both freeride and downhill.
I find that with the 66 i have more freedom, if i want to turn sharp going slowley or the fakie turn around thing or x up a jump, i also think they are very suited to downhill with the amount of travel they have i personally think its great.
Overall i think you should keep the faith and just upgrade as you go....

Whats this i hear about swapping the linkages? lower bb? and slacker head angle?

pat

yakuza type R

Likes Dirt
Whats this i hear about swapping the linkages? lower bb? and slacker head angle?
pat
just swap your linkage around so it gives you a lowere bottom bracket.
lower bb= set up for downhill
higher bb= go and huck

swap the linkage that the pic is showing you

Renegade

Likes Bikes and Dirt
As far as i am concerned dude keep it. Its a sweet rig. You can do anything you like on it

Bazzil ballbag

Likes Dirt
Ok guys, what do you think about this
I just got a giant faith 1 in November last year. But I want a new bike now. Something that is more suited to downhill, not a freeride and downhill like a faith.

But I just got a new bike, so would it be easier to just upgrade parts on my faith so its more suited for downhill, or buy a new one.

thats my faith
http://forums.farkin.net/showthread.php?t=73224
Probably upgrade parts on the Faith, but the more parts you are going to upgrade and the more major they are (like the forks) the more it will cost you. In terms of value for money you'll never get the parts at prices that the factories can, which sucks if you want to modify your ride.

If you want to do a heap of mods, see what you could get for your bike secondhand while it is still relatively new and then spring for a new Dh rig.

d_j1

Likes Dirt
Nice drawing
I think you need to shut up and start posting something useful. People are starting to get dumber for just having read some of your posts.
As far as the faith is concerned the only stuff you could really do is, like other people have said, and change some spec. Forks would probably be the place to start, and by the looks of it just about, end. All in all it's fairly well set up. The only thing that is basically unchangeable is the geometry. So if that doesn't feel right for you riding, then there's not much that you can do unfortunatley.

yakuza type R

Likes Dirt
thanks guys, you've helped me out heaps.

so i'm going to keep the faith and mod it up with the futre parts list and then i'll be heaps happy.
look out for me at some of the state races this year, mite see a really nice faith fly past ya if ur watching.

cheers yakuza

mr636

Likes Bikes and Dirt
man keep the faith!

i just bought a faith 1, and am aiming for a more DH build on this one. the previous one was bombproof, but a little heavy.
seriously, they rail corners soo well. i had 888s on the last one, and boxxer Teams on this one. its the most forgiving bike ive ridden.

im considering swapping the links. does it make a real difference?
the boxxers feel really nimble, so i think i can afford to rake it out a bit more.

yakuza type R

Likes Dirt
man keep the faith!

i just bought a faith 1, and am aiming for a more DH build on this one. the previous one was bombproof, but a little heavy.
seriously, they rail corners soo well. i had 888s on the last one, and boxxer Teams on this one. its the most forgiving bike ive ridden.

the boxxers feel really nimble, so i think i can afford to rake it out a bit more.
sweet get some pic's up when its finnished

the links, um i'm not sure cuase as soon it was in my house for the first time i swapped the links around to lower the bb.
just try thats all i can say. i like my bb tha way it sitting low. but my pedals are allways hitting the ground when going around corners really low

mr636

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr636
man keep the faith!

sweet get some pic's up when its finnished

the links, um i'm not sure cuase as soon it was in my house for the first time i swapped the links around to lower the bb.
just try thats all i can say. i like my bb tha way it sitting low. but my pedals are allways hitting the ground when going around corners really low
yeah i actually thought the ground clearance was pretty low allready!
might have to give it a try. will get some piccys when its light
man just change the forks, i think ul be heaps happy.