Dually or hardtail?

MATT_82

Likes Bikes and Dirt
was just wondering what other peoples opinions are about going from a dh bike to a hardtail because i cant afford both but i like freeride/dh just as much as dirt jumping and cant decide between a dh bike or a jumping hardtail. cant decide wheather to sell my dh bike or not.

Thanks in advance
Matt

DJninja

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If you get equal enjoyment then you could probably get a hardtail with 100m travel for jumping and with left over money get some 66's to swap over when you go downhilling.
It really must suck having to pick between the two but Im sure you could save and get both even a $500 hardtail will be great for jumping and last for ages if you treat it right.

Last edited:

Patrick88

Likes Bikes
or, depending on wat Dh bike u have, you could sell it and maybe buy a bike that is good for both like a sx trail or something alone that line.

food for thought

pat

Disturbed.Rider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If you get equal enjoyment then you could probably get a hardtail with 100m travel for jumping and with left over money get some 66's to swap over when you go downhilling.
It really must suck having to pick between the two but Im sure you could save and get both even a $500 hardtail will be great for jumping and last for ages if you treat it right.

Or you could just get a fox 36 TALAS, you can choose between 100mm, 130mm or 160mm.

Yeah, get a manik or something and ten buy a TALAS.

RIDE HARDTAIL OR RIDE HOME!!!

i like dirt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm in the same position loving downhill/freeride and dirt jump but I'm planning on saving up and getting a DJer.

chuckerhucker

Likes Dirt
maybe something with bike pikes so u can just adjust the travel if u wanna do dj or freeride. but i reoken u shood go with the 06 Specialized SX cause its good for everything. but its up 2 u just a thought

allstar

Likes Dirt
get a slopestyle, style bike.transition bottle rocket, specialized SX, giant reign etc etc
it wont be perfect for DH or street but they would manage fiiiiiiiiine. and they'll OWN on DJ's especially the bigger kind.

Hamo

Likes Dirt
I'd say go A slopestyle /low travel freeride bike.. 5" of travel maybe?... If you get an air rear shock you can make it nice and hard for dirtjumping and a bit softer for downhill.

fatass

Banned
I reckon that if you have a DH bike now, you could sell it and have enough left over to get a Norco Rampage and do what others have said and buy 2 sets of forks. I do both on my new rampage and it's nice!

blackjack

Likes Bikes and Dirt
your all mentioning bikes and parts that cost a shit load, remember this kid is like 13-14 he cant afford that kind of bling straight up.