Big Day Out 07.

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
Who went? Who'd you see?

I didn't have a ticket lined up, but at 3pm yesterday arvo me and a mate got off work early, charged over there, and jumped the fence.

We saw:

The Killers
Muse
Tool
The Presets
The Streets
Little Birdy
Shapeshifter
and a few others.

Was a good day.

Experiences?

rhyno

Likes Dirt
Living up the custom title. Damn Guerilla.

I wanted to go but work the next day and money requirements say no. I really wanted to see tool.

the village idiot

Cannon Fodder
i really, really, really wanted to go to the BDO this year but at the time i spent my money on the living end concert which was awesome anyways. but is wasnt so bad, not going because i managed to spend the whole day at paintball:p

Inverted

Likes Dirt
Man you are so lucky that u gotta see Tool, i was gonna go to BDO just to see them. Friends tried to get tickets to see them when they had there concert in Aussy but the tickets sold out in 30 min:eek:
They played a three hour set, no back up band..

tu plang

knob
It was almost 2 hour set... 1:50, with a few small interludes. Yes, Tool are awesome.
bah humbug... had to settle for a bit over an hour at BDO. don't understand why they only did sydney and melbourne.

unfortunately the presets were on at the same time as tool at GC so i missed them. the herd got the crowd going but it was exactly (ie order) the same set they played on tour last year, i was a bit disappointed because they have the potential to mix it up so much.

Eddy

Likes Dirt
im going to the Adelaide show, theres one band i kinda have to see and thats my brothers playing on the local stage which will be mad. wana see The Killers, Muse, Tool and others, i got my ticket half price so im not realy complaning :D :p

T-Bone

Likes Bikes
It was almost 2 hour set... 1:50, with a few small interludes. Yes, Tool are awesome.
Tool was one of the best concerts Ive ever seen. Sure I may be biased as they are by far my favourite band, but they were awesome. Even though they were in the Ent Centre which usually has crap sound.

timmo

Likes Dirt
On the Tool topic, at BDO Gold Coast, they said they're gonna be back in November/December!!! Damn Sweet!!

jjperko

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Went to Melbournes, was a good day. Both Muse and Tool exceeded my already high expectations. Manage to pack in a fair few acts as well.

Cameo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anybody happen to catch Hot Chip in Melbourne? Perhaps Spank Rock too? Spewing I missed them :mad: .

kyleman

Likes Dirt
Tool are the shiznay. I heard mudvayne were there or was that next year?
and Wow..jumped the fence..i thought that was like impossible nowadays with all the security..

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Tool are the shiznay. I heard mudvayne were there or was that next year?
and Wow..jumped the fence..i thought that was like impossible nowadays with all the security..
mudvayne were there last year ('06). they were absolutely fucking woeful, and in brisbane managed to blow out the power on the main stages for nearly an hour.

Last edited:

kyleman

Likes Dirt
Dam i missed it:( Same with the chillis concert:mad:
I really gotta get in quicker :p
Well i got into the Ill Nino/Static-X concert backed up by Rimend..that was like..omfg..(comic book guy) BEST CONCERT EVVVER! well until i see the chillis anyway :D did anyone go to that?