Altona Dirt Jumps (40 acres)

trenta23

Likes Dirt
I went their today searching cos i heard they were AWESOME!!! but i had no luck. I went to the altona tip and followed the trail like the directions said but i didnt find em

can anyone give me a detailed description or info about wat they r like

cheers

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Here we are... the directions for the Altona Jumps.

Its behind the old altona tip. The new park is called Federation park or something simmilar.

The melways ref. is roughly 208 K3

If you follow the bike path from the old bmx track which is on the main road, its about 1 KM down on your left hand side.

Last time I was there there was an old car that you could see from the bike track. Keep going past the car and you cant miss em!

bazza

look at me
that sucks when you go on a hunt and dont find anything, really really badly. good luck next time though!!!

Callum

Likes Bikes
yeah ive wanted to go there but i heard they were pretty bloody far from the train station

LucasGauci

Cannon Fodder
I went their today searching cos i heard they were AWESOME!!! but i had no luck. I went to the altona tip and followed the trail like the directions said but i didnt find em

can anyone give me a detailed description or info about wat they r like

cheers
mate all this time they are still there. a few lines are gone but with a bit of work they would be amazing.
now if you go to the top of the tip (AKA the 100 steps) face the sea and turn 90 degrees to your right you will see them in full view about 200m away
good luck hope you find them and do some work on them even all these years later

Ideate

This is where they are exactly.

I rode past a few months ago on a leisurely ride to Willi' Nandos. They need some work but back in the day, they were great. Follow the path on the left, down dirt trail near the fork in the concrete where it starts to turn towards Point Cook.

Sometimes you get dickhead dero' fully sick MX riders on ice spiffing dirt in your face on their '84 KX 250. It can be a little intimidating if you're on your own so ride with some buddies if you're not confident in those scenarios.

map.jpg.

Last edited:

shadow knight

Likes Dirt
They have been there for ever in a day they where in there prime 15 odd yrs ago.
Me and a couple mates went out winter last yr to try and bring them back to life but hadn't been back since. The bigger line didn't seem like it need much work at all to be running last time I was there

jarrod839

Banned
Can't believe they are still there. Use to ride there a fair bit back in the day and that big line use to be so much fun.
Got to be up there with some of the longest surviving trails in vic.
And yeah always ride in a group there.

Lucas Gauci

Cannon Fodder
Altona Dirt Jumps

The jumps have been there ever since i remember and i used to always think they were for dirt bikes, but recently i have gotten into mtb and was wondering if it would be possible to organised a few days of so that people would come and restore them to their former glory

rednightmare

Likes Dirt
The jumps have been there ever since i remember and i used to always think they were for dirt bikes, but recently i have gotten into mtb and was wondering if it would be possible to organised a few days of so that people would come and restore them to their former glory
Went and had a gander this morning. The big line seems to be running okay, rideable at least, but yeah, the smaller lines are pretty trashed. Would love to come out and have a dig but too far from where I am unfortunately. Were you going to fix up some of the smaller lines?

Lucas Gauci

Cannon Fodder
Altona Dirt Jumps

I know that this is an old thread but, I now live about 3 minutes away from these jumps and was wondering what it would take to return them to their former glory.
I have had no experience building jumps but I would love to be able to restore them as I would easily be able to maintain them.
What type of work is involved???
Ill go out tomorrow and take some photos for you guys to see, but atm I know that lots of weedkiller is going to be involved as well as lots of hard work.
Also, back in the day, was there a run in platform or something as I cannot figure out how its possible to get enough speed

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I know that this is an old thread but, I now live about 3 minutes away from these jumps and was wondering what it would take to return them to their former glory.
I have had no experience building jumps but I would love to be able to restore them as I would easily be able to maintain them.
What type of work is involved???
Ill go out tomorrow and take some photos for you guys to see, but atm I know that lots of weedkiller is going to be involved as well as lots of hard work.
Also, back in the day, was there a run in platform or something as I cannot figure out how its possible to get enough speed
Wheelbarrow, maddock, spade/shovel, rake, watering can...then go to you tube and search "how to build a dirt jump" or similar.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-BV4L7TxE0k

Lucas Gauci

Cannon Fodder
40 Acers Video, as of 26/9/2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ6_eD6QEn8
A short video of the state of the jumps and how much work they will need
It's a shame they have gotten this bad, and will need hundreds of hours to revamp
I'm up to this challenge but really don't know where to start.
I'm pretty competent at jumps but not the big gaps that are still intact, so Ill probably work on the "small" lines first