Recent content by 2step

1. 2

Good Front Brakes?

Sorry, I guess I should have said you don't need a centerlock hub to run an LX hydro brake, but they come with centerlock disc's when you buy them...but if you have a disc set-up already you should be sweet. From what ive read the LX offer great value for money...all round performance.
  2. 2

Good Front Brakes?

Like JDA said the BB7 is the best value for money, it has much greater stopping power then entry level hydro brakes. With a good cable such as an XTR and a good lever such as a Avid speed dial 7, the BB7 will last and feel great time again. If you want Hydro maybe the Shimano LX is good...
  3. 2

glory or shore3

I have riding a glory and all I can say is its such a stable bike, Giant have put a lot of time in developing its Maestro suspension and it has paid off. The giant is an awesome spec bike for the pirce you pay.
  4. 2

Xc bike for trials????

A small sized XC bike would be good for beginners, try to invest in some rigid forks with a decent wheelset, and at least 36 engagement points on the rear hub...so pedal kicks, power moves are easier. A good set of V-brakes/ Pads would be ideal, and maybe a booster too. See if you can pick some...